“Softest Bed Ever!”

Ranked #61 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Oxnard
“Softest Bed Ever!”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

This hotel is clean, has great prices, and has the softest bed ever! I will stay here again. It was so hard to get up out of bed because it was so comfortable! The best thing is, it is pet friendly. Their rooms were beautiful and the 42 inch plasma mounted on the wall was a plus. Also, we had all the amenities we needed. Iron and ironing board was a plus as well. There is also free wi-fi.

However, my boyfriend and I got bad service at the restaurant. It seemed like the waiter kept on forgetting that we were there. I've never had to wait for a refill cup of coffee for that long EVER in my whole life. Even when we asked for the check, we had to wait for at least 15 minutes in order for him to pick up the tab. Other than that, their food was okay. My boyfriend enjoyed his corn beef hash, I wasn't too pleased with my eggs benedict.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MouseNoNo
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Menage, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Thank you for posting your feedback! We are happy to hear you slept so well during your stay :)
I'm sorry to hear of the wait time you experienced at the restaurant. Please know this is not typical at K'ya Street Fare, and your comments have been passed on to the restaurant for review.
We appreciate your business, and look forward to hosting you again!

Warm Regards,
Charlotte, Guest Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stayed at the end of our driving holiday round California which just so happened to be our wedding anniversary! At check in we were informed we had been upgraded to a pool view room and within 10 minutes of settling into our room a complimentary bottle of champagne was delivered! Amazing service! We enjoyed breakfast at the hotel and the bar had a really good atmosphere at night. The Shuttle bus to and from Disney was ideal. We really enjoyed our stay here it was the perfect end to our 2 weeks in California!

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank AWal02
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Menage, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Thank you for staying with us! We are happy to hear how you enjoyed your anniversary stay, and that we had the opportunity to play a part in your 2 week journey through California.
We wish you happy future travels, and hope to see you again!

Warm Regards,
Charlotte, Guest Services
CA
Reviewed 29 February 2012

The outside of this hotel disguises what's inside. It looks very tropical from the outside and somewhat new. It's neither. The front desk staff is rude. They have a live vocalist singing in the lobby at full volume so checking in means shouting back and forth with the staff. The rooms need updating. The bathtub had a crack in the bottom of it....can only imagine how long before the leaking water makes it way to the floor below. The toilet clogged on the morning we were to leave and it took the maintenance guy FIVE trips and he STILL could not get it right....I finally had to ask him to leave so we could get ready and leave for our trip home. Two of us didn't get showers because he made such a mess of the bathroom. Not to mention that the toilet still did not work. The hotel is situated on an extremely busy intersection with the freeway on the other side. Bring earplugs if you choose to stay here or there's no way you'll get a good night's sleep. Would write to the hotel directly about all of the problems there if I thought they cared at all....but I don't think they do. It would be a waste of time. There are MANY other options in this area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank kaydee7
Dear Kaydee7,

We wish you had written a letter/email directly to us, or better yet, that you had brought your issues to the front desk when you checked out so we could have a chance to discuss, address, and rectify these issues in person. We DO care, and I encourage you to contact me directly if you would like to resolve these issues.
Based on the experience you have written about, I hope to hear from you.

Charlotte Gulley
Guest Service Manager
guestservice@casaresortsinc.com
Kaneohe, Hawaii
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Me, My wife and my son stayed at the Hotel Menege for a total of 8 nights and everything was great !!! First of all, as soon as you arrive the hotel valet and bell men greet you with smiles !! makes you feel like you are visiting family and friends and you have only just met this people. I come from hawaii and I always share ALOHA and it was so refreshing to see a friendly spirit so far away from home. The front desk was sweet and got us into our room within minutes ... The hotel is cold during FEB so make sure you bring nice warm jackets !! the rooms heaters are GREAT !!! the room was overall EXCELLENT .. Big and very modern . They for sure lived up to the title of it being called a boutique hotel !! K-ya is awesome and offers food for everyone no matter where they are from .. I ate nothing but Loco moco's and different hawaiian foods they offered..... the best thing everything was mostly under 10.00 !! cant beat that !! next the pool is heated and busy during night hours but its open 24 hours a day !!! YAH !!! The shuttle service to Disneyland is only 4.00 per person all day !! and the Taxi through the hotel is pretty much 10-15 dollars to any destinantion in anaheim area !! I highly suggest this hotel and if you get hungry in the late hours they have a pizza and chinese place that delivers and both are good !! A lot of people say that it is loud if you are by the roads but, its not true. In fact, you are so tired for doing things all day you just pass out anyways !! Have fun and Aloha !

Room Tip: Always get the room with sofa bed .. rooms are bigger !!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 808Hawaiian96744
San Jose, California, United States
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I went here last spring with my boyfriend, sister and her boyfriend. I reserved a room online and they had a 'special offer' for a room with 2 queen size beds for about I think $90 a night. Very affordable since it was soo close to Disneyland. We came in to check in and we had to wait 10 minutes since they still needed to clean the room, no biggie. They placed me on the 3rd floor, poolside, which also has a view of the freeway. Yes, it is loud when you're outside, but once you shut the door to your room it is soo quiet. The room was really clean and nice, they had the AC on and ready for us since it was a HOT day. The beds were a little weird, they were suppose to be two queen size beds, but clearly one bed was bigger than the other, uh oh well, at least I got a bigger bed! I'd just be careful of the corners of the bottom, I hit my leg against that so many times. Hah. My only two complaints would have to be the sink pressure, it was so ridiculous, you would turn on the sink and try to wash your hands but it would just splash in your face. And secondly, the next day after room service came, they didn't replace our towels. I had to call them to get some, but luckily they were really quick! The K'ya restaurant that they have with them isn't so bad. It's pretty affordable, what you get is either a hit or miss. I enjoyed whatever I got, as for my boyfriend, that's another story.. One night I ordered our food to go, and another woman ordered her food to go after me. They gave us our food at the same time, and we walked away. Only when I got back to my room I realized it wasn't even my meal! When I went back to the restaurant the other woman was walking back also, and the waitress just switched the foods without even checking it.. How would i know if my food is okay!? Sigh. I enjoy the shuttle service that they have, you just pay for an all day pass for cheap and can go back and forth to Disneyland. We would leave in the morning, come back to eat at the K'ya Restaurant cause it was cheaper than Disney food. Take a quick nap and then head back to disneyland, go back for dinner, and after head back to Disneyland for all the shows/fireworks.

So like I said, worth what you pay for. When you're paying this cheap you really shouldn't expect a whole lot from them. If you wanted high end service, reserve a room at one of the Disney resorts.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends