“Brilliantly different, exotically familiar!”

Mas' Islamic Restaurant
Ranked #201 of 977 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Ever heard of Xinjiang, China? Any idea where Kyrgyzstan or Tajikistan are? This is from where Mas' delicious food originates. The far west of China, bordering Russia, where, in these Russian steppes, the people's are traditionally nomads, and most follow the Islamic religion. Just like the peoples, the food is exotic, yet familiar. You will find lamb on the menu, highly recommended, but no pork. But, of course, the restaurant is Islamic. The beef and chicken and seafoods are succulent, and depending on what you order, the flavors are either delicate or bursting with flavor. I saw many spicy dishes I will order next time, but visiting with my caucasian friends, we ordered standards; lamb sautéed with homemade noodles, orange beef, Chinese broccoli and one order of the several super tasty flat breads. Delicious! I saw several dishes that looked familiar, but each one has that distinctive Western China twist. If you want something that is a break from the ho hum Cantonese-style Chinese restaurant and a refreshing surprise, Mas' is the place.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

I was so hungry and the first place I saw was mas Islamic restaurant....I told the host I was hungry and he quickly got me a table and I ordered some Curry chicken and orange chicken with steamed rice and yes it was good and yes I gave a nice tip
And yes I recommend this restaurant to everyone........Thanks mmmmmmmm good experience

Reviewed 15 April 2017

Mas' offers a huge menu with a great selection and fast friendly service. We frequent this restaurant, having different items each time and we have always enjoyed our meals. The portions are generous and you will be amazed how fast your meal will be delivered to your table. They can accommodate big families with the large round table the the terrific lazy-susan making it much easier to dine family style.
We usually go in a small group of 4 and they have nice booths and tables for smaller groups too.
**Note- No Alcohol is served here, Tea, water and sodas only.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

This was our first visit and it will not be our last. A popular and busy restaurant that can accomodate large families. The staff was friendly and efficient. The portions were generous and very tasty. The menu was large and varied. We most enjoyed the filet of sole with sweet and sour sauce.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

I found this restaurant completely by random chance. Read a couple positive reviews and figured I'd give it a go. First let me start by saying the service was attentive and friendly. The lunch special red like a typical Chinese lunch menu, with the exception of lamb available. My egg drop soup and egg roll came out right away and we're good. The rice portion was generous and my main dish arrived looking great. At this point I was happy I made the choice to try this place out but this feeling soon past. The flavor was okay but the amount of grease and oil was too much. Way too much. I ordered the Lamb with spicy sauce There was little to no heat this was served on a bed of spinach swimming in oil.
Since I don't live in this neighborhood I won't make my way back to try their regular menu. I would assume my experience at lunch was unique to their special lunch menu .