“Love this place ❣️”

The Rolling Boil
Ranked #240 of 974 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Inside the packing district, downstairs by the swings. We have been here twice and both times had excellent service, delicious and fresh food that we cooked! Our two girls loved cooking their own food, but did need supervision as the broth is boiling. The fried rice was also a hit - very flavorful. Can’t wait to go back!

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Based on the recommendation of one of the hotel concierges, we checked this place out. We sat up at the bar and the service was fantastic even though it was fully packed. The atmosphere of the Packing District likely makes any eatery in any here great, but the food here was fantastic! We had never done this type of meal and it is along the lines of fondue in some ways. They take great care in ensuring you know how to eat the meal traditionally, but definitely don't judge if you do it your own way. The menu is super diverse and so you can try lots of different options. Both my husband and I had two different kind of meat and the variety of vegetables it comes with makes a great meal. This is an experience, not a quick meal - so don't be in a rush and enjoy the vibe?

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Great food, great atmosphere, friendly service, would definitely recommend this hot pot to anyone traveling to Disneyland. Close by.

Reviewed 25 January 2017

Our first night in Anaheim we went to the Packing District to see what it was all about. Wanting to try something new for lunch we decided on Rolling Boil. We had never eaten at a hot pot restaurant before and were a little apprehensive about it, but the young man behind the counter was very helpful.
The protein and veggie plate are all raw, but once the broth is really boiling, everything cooks very quickly. The chicken and savory veggie broth were delicious. The meal requires several dishes in front of you and can feel a bit cluttered. It can also get a little messy with drips moving the food from one dish to the next. Aside from that there wasn’t anything I did not like about the meal. When I first got the plates of raw food, I thought it would not be enough to fill me up, but I was wrong. It was almost too much food. My suggestion is to start small and order additional portions if you are still hungry.
This meal was so tasty we went back on our last night in Anaheim. It was Saturday night and the place was packed, but we did not have to wait too long for a table. However, the staff was much busier so I was glad we got the instructions a few days before or we would have been lost as the staff did not have as much time to spend with us. Also, be sure to request a bowl and spoon to sip the broth. Yummy!

Reviewed 9 December 2016

We picked this place based on searches and didn't realize it was in the Packing Warehouse. It sits among at least 10 other interesting restaurants, so when we arrived and there was a wait, there were other items tempting our hungry stomachs. However, the sight of other diner's places and bowls kept our interest.

The experience of picking your own combination is almost as fun as getting to eat it. We tried a sampling of meats, though I think the rib eye was the best. I had the Szechuan base and loved the smells as it came to a boil.

The beer selection is small but prefect. They even had a Coedo Beniaka on tap, which was excellent.

We ordered some pot stickers and fried rice as well to satisfy the kids in case the main dishes didn't tempt them. My wife was amazed by the fried rice and was then torn between her shabu shabu and the rice.

Service was friendly and helpful.