“Great Buffet”

Teppanyaki Grill and Supreme Buffet
Ranked #155 of 974 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

A very good buffet that offers something for everyone...sushi, sashimi, hot entrees, fruit, vegies, desserts, red meat, chicken, fish...the works.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

My boyfriend and I went here last Saturday at 6:15 PM and there was no wait at all. We were seated right away. They were prompt in getting us water and drinks. All the food at the buffet looked really amazing and tasted so good. The cheese wontons and pork bao were my favorite. They also had crab legs that were always being refilled. This is now one of my favorite places to go!

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

As my headline goes, this restaurant definitely fits that quote. The English idiom "don't judge a book by its cover" is a metaphorical phrase which means "you shouldn't prejudge the worth or value of something by its outward appearance alone".

While we were in LA, my childhood classmate who is also a close friend of mine who now lives in California decided to treat my whole family to lunch. So, she told us to meet her at this place.

I wanted something light at first because, wow. That is all what we seemed to be doing in Cali, was just eat. But she told me it is buffet, so you can choose what you want to partake. Fine.

While we were about to park, my hubby said, " wow, Connie wants to treat you to the cheapest Chinese buffet there is." Seriously? I said hey, well she's Chinese but either way, it is expected.. is probably do the same. It is still buffet anyway..but I don't care as long as it's good. I trust her.

My kids were scared a bit too because we do not have anything like this in Washington at all. While waiting for her, we stayed out in the lobby area where they were a couple of coin machine games. We tried and failed but had fun. She arrived and we took photos as always.

Then, the waiter seated us to a nice area of the restaurant. It was very clean and they had a lot of diners. Since we were walking fast, we missed the buffet station to see what it was like.. but then she said let's go and grab our food.

As we led ourselves to the stations, Wow! That's surprising. I believe there's over 10 different buffet stations! And 8 are like hot foods and 2 are cold salad and desserts.
It was totally insane. You would not know where to begin. And they all looked insanely good.
At the point, I wanted to strangle my friend because I wasn't planning to eat a lot..but how could you? A station for everything tempura.. they even had fried banana plantains..omg! And a station for sweet and sour..the fish.. omg! The way they cooked that is just sheer insanity! The vegetables with mushrooms, broccoli, tofu. Eggplant, green beans in garlic Any vegan will survive. Then another station for Italian..in case you want something that's not Chinese. And the seafood, from shrimps to mussels, clams, calamari... oh my Lord!, another station for sides like fried rice, steamed rice, noodles etc...and even a station for soups, e.g. drop, hot sour and there were others that I didn't even check. I just grabbed the hot and sour soup. a station for fresh cut fruits and jellies, and another for desserts, cakes and cookies.. like you will even have room for those afterwards. Lol.

But of course, they may all be looking good and presented superbly, but the main question is.. do they even taste good. As a foodie, this is a must! So, we went back to the table with all our plates loaded with food galore.

I had my soup, and yes! It was flavorful. I gobbled up that cup in a split second! Then, I went directly for my food.. every bite seemed fresh, tasted just right. I was already thinking, why? I know I'm going to end up going for seconds..and I did.

So yes, never underestimate. This is a treasurecove. For the price, definitely a place to go!

The one star they missed is their ambiance. They really need to just perk it up a bit. But other than that, good job. Servers were attentive, courteous and splendid!

Not far from Disney... so vacationers..now you know where to get a great stuffing for half the price!

1  Thank cynch72
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

It is cheap and this also applies for the quality of the food. If you need just ‘fuel’ for your stomach than it is ok. If you you need a nice evening out with good food for a few dollars more...there other places in the area

Reviewed 8 April 2018

It was a full meal at a tourist price. Good for travelers. Americanized Chinese food. Serves expect tips despite being buffet.