See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 September 2017

We stayed here for Tinkerbell Half Marathon weekend back in May 2017. The website states 5 min walking to Disneyland Tram. We found out once we got there that the 5 min walk is now more like 25. Asked at the front desk about it and was told it was Disney fault. I ask why they don't take the statement down from website and on answering machine, no answer. We had already booked for Labor day weekend here thorugh booking.com paid up front. Called Motel and asked if we could get out of reservation due to the long walk and they authoized it. Booking.com also called and they authoized the cancelation. They since have refused to refund anything after saying twice they would. Booking.com ended up having to pay us back as they were the booking agent. This place is not honest and not a good place to stay. Don't be fooled by the 5 min walk statement, IT IS NOT TRUE..They don't follow through on what they say. The last time we stayed there in May, there was no parking even though stated free parking. The manager said, just park out in the street. This place is a joke and please be warned.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank colbert767
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

First day the manager was on the counter I requested for a additional key card she refuse to give me one more and made comments first I didn't ask for your comments. How much and how troublesome to issue one more card key. I been all over the world this is the first time I had experience it. Take note I'm a paying customers. Service and courtesy should be render at all time.

Second day jonna duty at the desk no problem simple request was given and service was excellent we should more personnel like her. Respectful and courteous and service with a smile.

To the owner or higher above please take note of the difference in service.
Well you guys won't care anyway money is important rather than the comments from your customers

Your unhappy customer
George

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank George G
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Rooms really need updating but was clean . Staff very friendly and very close to Disney .. Ideal if you are on a budget . Free parking and the breakfast muffins were nice !! For the money you pay it does the job .. Clean towels everyday. Sheets changed twice over the 5 days we stayed there . But if your looking for a bit of luxury don't go here but a place to stay no frills near Disney it's ideal !!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 100denise
Reviewed 15 August 2017

WARNING!! DO NOT STAY AT Maingate Inn!! They are crooks! We have cancelled our reservation with Booking.com and were promised a full refund with the hotel and two days in a row they have made charges on our card (IN ADDITION TO OUR ORIGINAL HOTEL STAY PAYMENT). We have not been refunded our cancellation. They state on their website, and answer machine they are five minutes from the tram and this is no longer true. (This is the reason why we cancelled the reservations). I get put on hold for over 40 minutes at a time to reach the owner of the hotel just to be told he is not in, EACH TIME! I repeat, DO NOT STAY AT MAINGATE INN!!

They also told us to park out on the street since there was no available parking. WHO DOES THAT! So we told them to move their vehicle so THEY COULD leave their car out on the street.

(Yes our bank and credit card companies have been notified and we are disputing the charges, yes booking.com is working with us. I just do not want anyone else to go through what we are going through!)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy W
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Gross, smelly, neglected. I don't really even want to return to Anaheim. Such a bad experience. Little things like you have to pay for ice (it's frozen water), no water in vending machine, gang signs tagged on inside of bathroom door, giant spider in our room, someone's dirty panties on the floor in bathroom, bathroom door touches toilet paper roll, some random hole under sink with cool air blowing in.
Couldn't wait to leave