“Two rooms for three days of Disneyland”

Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites
Ranked #17 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 28 December 2015 via mobile

We (my kids and grandkids)were put in two rooms on the third floor. On the first day as we were getting ready to go back to Disneyland after resting, there was a knock on my door at around 6:00 pm. The maintenance man told me there was a complaint that we were making too much noise. Went down to the lobby to find out about the noise. Found out there was a couple with a baby under us who complained. Tried to find out what kind of noise but the assistant manager just kept telling me that we need to be considerate of the other guests. Left the lobby very upset because I never got an answer as to the noise or why did they put us above a couple with a baby, knowing that when I booked the rooms that we had young kids. There is a sign posted outside that says quiet zone quiet time 9:00 pm to 8:00 am guests sleeping. Not a kid friendly place to stay if they expect us to keep the noise down all day and night. We had to walk on egg shells whenever we were in the room and had to keep scolding the kids to be quiet and no running. After completing a survey from Best Western, I received an email from the general manager apologizing for not exceeding my expectations but went on to say that all that was asked of us was to keep the children from running between the rooms. Never in my conversation with the assistant manager did she say that was the problem. She only repeatedly told me that we need to be considerate of the other guests. We were so happy to leave that place on our last day.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank VFujimoto
Kelly L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2015

Good Evening. I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We did receive a noise complaint regarding your room. You advised me of what type of noise was occurring stating "How am I suppose to stop 2 and 4 years olds from running between the rooms. I asked you to not let them run between the rooms. You repeatedly asked me how you were suppose to control the toddlers and keep them from running between the rooms. I did offer you some ways to distract the kids to stop them from running between the rooms. Yet you still insisted it was impossible to control the kids. When you informed me that it was only 6pm, you had come back for a break and we shouldn't put people below you that may be coming back to rest, I did advise you that many of our guests do come back for a break just as you had. I did ask at that time that you extend courtesy to other guests who need to rest as well. You also asked if we would kick you out if we kept getting complaints. I informed you as long as you stopped the kids from running between the rooms everything should be fine.
I would like to thank you for controlling the kids the remainder of that night as well as your two other nights. We did not have any further noise complaints. I do appreciate the courtesy you extended to our other guests in letting them come back and rest and enjoy their stay with us.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,905)

Reviewed 27 December 2015

This was the BEST hotel we have ever stayed at in the area. That includes the Disneyland hotels... was quiet, excellent room. I didn't care for the hard pillows, thus making my own with clothing that I forgot! But was called the next day saying they found them and would mail them back to me. That was a good thing.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2015

This hotel was recommended to us and did not disappoint. The building/rooms are in need of updating but the rooms were very clean and comfortable. The location is across the street from the Disneyland entrance! Loved the short walk to get to the park.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank nicle2
Reviewed 27 December 2015

Great hotel, right across the street from Disneyland. Takes only 5 minutes of walking to get to DLR or DCA. Best value around and the free breakfast makes it more than worthwhile. Hotel is much closer than Disney's own parking lots.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Dean K
Reviewed 25 December 2015

Excellent location for visiting Disneyland and /California Adventure. Hotel is across the street from the Park entrances;. Buffet breakfast is included in the room cost. Staff is professional and efficient.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends