“Walk on by”

Ranked #654 of 974 Restaurants in Anaheim
Price range: US$9 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Buffet
Description: Comfort Food... Captain Kidd's Buffet is located Right at the Main Entrance to Disneyland Offering Lots Of Good Comfort Food - At the carving Station we have Top Sirloin. BBQ Pork Loin Ribs, Fried Chicken, Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Golden Fried Shrimp, Orange Chicken, Salmon, Chicken Alfredo, lots more. (12 Entrees). Prices are the best in the area with Kids at 6.39 To 7.69 And Adults 10.29 For Breakfast , 11.29 For Lunch and 12.29 For Dinner. Beverages are sold Separately. Fresh baked dessert and serve yourself Ice Cream. Established 1994. See You Soon
Reviewed 23 January 2018

Probably the worst meal we had whilst on holiday in the US. We had been given multiple fliers for Captain Kidds as we walked to and fro from Disneyland each day, so we relented and decided to go for Dinner on the last night of our stay. We arrived around 7:30 with 5 adults and 3 kids. Adults were $12 each plus drinks and kids varied depending on age ($6-8). We were seated promptly, given our plastic cups and told to go for it. Let's talk about the good things first. The orange chicken is by far the best food item there, the rest of the food is questionable at best. The restaurant and food area looks in need of a decent clean and the plates and bowls that were for eating off were certainly not cleaned properly.
The free drink refills are of course good but this is standard in so may places in the US.
The dessert was the low point of the night. There was very little choice for a start and what there was was decidely average and tasteless, the cheesecake??? was a cardboard texture.
Bottom line, a lot of tried food left on plates in search of something that actually taste any good. It might seem like a good idea to go somewhere that gives you a variety of food to choose from, especially as a family with kids but the food was of such a low quality that quality was sacrificed for quantity.

2  Thank Shannon R

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Small salad bar and no vegetables on the food bar. There were mostly fried foods and meat choices and other unhealthy foods. The salmon which was a healthier choice was way overcooked. We didn’t find the food to be good at all and left without eating much.
Cost was about 12.00 per person.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

We came here for dinner and wish we hadn’t. I told my husband I didn’t want to go cause I read bad reviews, I was right, but he was damned to have a buffet. So to start off, you have to pay first before eating, I am down with this. What I didn’t care for was the fact that they guilted you into buying drinks, I am usually good with water, but when you pay over $3 for fountain drinks, you better milk it. So, between 2 buffets and 2 pops and nearly $50 US later, I felt my wallet was raped. The beef stroganoff was pastey (you could stick the serving utensil in the middle standing up right and it would stay there and not budge), it looked like semi dried cement. All the food had been sitting out for hours getting all dried up. If you like hours old,dried and flavourless food, the have atter.

1  Thank Tara P
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

It’s not an expensive buffet and offers salad bar along with a lot of other choices. We had choices from Chinese, to tacos and fajitas, pasta and ribs, chicken and fries to turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes and gravy. Plus many many more options, including desert bar. I would go back, it’s very good value for your dollar.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Place was dirty, food area was messy, food was disgusting. The ice cream was rock hard. Everything we ate seemed like it had beef sitting for a long time. Not nice ate all and do not recommend.

1  Thank Curiosity744630