“Quality, comfort and solitude”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #5 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Carlsbad, California
“Quality, comfort and solitude”
Reviewed 31 October 2008

Once you arrive and drive into the courtyard, the noise and traffic in the area seem to disappear. It's amazing how relaxed our family was within the "compounds" of the Candy Cane Inn. The rooms were very well done, nothing too fancy, but clean and modern. Loved the plantation blinds and bedding! Who needs fancy when most of your time will be spent at the parks or in the pool. There was plenty of food for breakfast, and that was a big selling point. We had stayed previously at the Embassy Suites South and though it was nice, the breakfast lines were frustrating. The Candy Cane Inn shuttle was a huge bonus, and the drivers were very friendly and seemed to really enjoy their job. The Front Desk was very kind and courteous! The grounds crew and kousekeeping were also very helpful. We loved the trees and vegetation found in the parking area and it made the walk to the breakfast area in the morning very pleasant and refreshing. The pool was small, but was really only needed for a dip and cool down from the heat of the day. This is a great place for families and those who prefer the less hectic pace of an upscale hotel. I will definitely stay at the Candy Cane Inn again in the future.

• Liked — Location, Service and Value
  • Disliked — Having to leave...
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank MrCarlsbad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
las vegas
Reviewed 27 October 2008

I love going to Disneyland, but hadn't found a place to stay that I believe provided good value but was also conveniently located to the park. I've stayed at the Grand California -- nice, but pricey for what you actually get in the room and it's still a bit of a walk to the park and other, "good neighbor" hotels that were either too far or down right dumpy and dirty. Well, I was very pleasantly surprised by how clean and bright my Candy Cane Inn room actually was. The entire staff was also very kind and welcoming. When we arrived midafternoon, a nice gentleman gave us a ride to the park in the van. The rest of the time we walked because it was so close or took the property's shuttle bus. The breakfast was OK too. The staff also realized it was my daughter's and my birthday so they had cookies brought to our room....very nice personal touch. The only way the Inn could be better would be for them to ditch the 80s style bedspreads and bring in clean white cotton duvets.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — bedspread
  • Stayed October 2008
2 Thank lasvegasmom
Port Hueneme, CA
Reviewed 27 October 2008

We stay at the Cany Cane Inn on a regular basis ( at least 3-4 times annually) and are never disappointed! The staff is friendly and honest! ( I have twice left things behind in my room and had them mailed to me.) I have two small children and they call this place their Disneyland home! We love it and continue to come year after year. Comfortable beds and a yummy breakfast are just a couple of reasons we keep coming back to the Candy Cane. Comparable pricing and just a short walk or ride on their complimentary shuttle is great after a long day at the park. I have stayed at several other anaheim hotels before we found the Candy Cane and now we don't stay anywhere else! In fact we are returning this week for another stay and looking forward to it ! Yay! Candy Cane Inn here we come!

-A. Pitard, Port Hueneme, CA.

• Liked — I liked the comfortable beds and proximity to Disneyland
  • Disliked — No elevator for the second floor
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank amosina74
florida
Reviewed 23 October 2008

Candy Cane Inn is truly a hidden gem. It is a locally owned hotel with all the perks of the major chains. The rooms were charming and the beds with the down comforters were SO comfortable. I was pleasently surprised by the choices at breakfast. Bagels, toast, baked goods, cereals and fruit. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. They recommended a locally owned mexican place across the street that had really good food for really cheap! The shuttle to disneyland was very convienent, but if you wanted to you could easily do the 10 minute walk. The place was very well located, clean, and quiet. In the end I need a comfortable bed, clean sheets and a good breakfast. Candy Cane Inn definatly provided that and more. I truly couldn't find one thing to complain about and I think that anyone who does is looking way to hard.

• Liked — amazing bed
  • Disliked — we had to leave to go home
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
5 Thank bluegreen315
Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed 22 October 2008

My wife and I travel at least 3 times a year and expect our hotels to be comfortable for the expense...and the Candy Cane did not disappoint.
We stayed in a Premium room, based on the other reviews and received EVERYTHING promised. We only used the shuttle once because it was at the front entrance on our way to the Park. The walk only takes 10 min.
We used the pool one day and no one else was around. The weather was hot and the pool was relaxing and cooling.
The grounds are well kept and my wife loved the vines and flowers that adorned the grounds. I loved the daily paper and the breakfast to the room in the morning.
The Staff was very friendly and assisted us with any questions we had.
We have stayed in one other hotel along this strip, but will return to the Candy Cane again !
We made the mistake of going to the Park on a Saturday...if you really enjoy HUGE CROWDS and standing shoulder to shoulder with your fellow man, then go on a weekend. We then changed our plans and went to Disney on a Monday and Tuesday and to Universal Studios on Wednesday...what a good choice that was...no crowds and the walking around was bareable.

• Liked — Location, Premium Room and amenadies, and Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — Liked it ALL
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank RobandShelly