2,929 results
All reviews premium room free shuttle bagels breakfast delivered always on time continental breakfast every half hour minute walk hard boiled eggs shuttle that runs aaa discount after a long day shuttle service turn down service visiting disneyland welcome basket each morning
Reviewed 17 September 2012

After some terrible service from a different area hotel we had been frequenting for 25 years, we decided to try something new and chose Candy Cane based on it's reviews here.

It's a nice enough place. The rooms are very clean. The hotel is very quiet even though it's full. Our previous hotel was set up the same, but you could hear every sound, we haven't heard anything here. The beds are comfy and there's lots of hot water. The shuttle is great and runs every 30 min.

The were only a few small negatives which are that there is no microwave and the fridge is tiny (normal size for a hotel) and has no freezer in it. It also doesn't keep things very cold at all. (I think pop left in our room with the AC on was almost the same temperature as the pop in the fridge.) The pool is also very small and always looks really cloudy, probably from all the sunscreen. When we used it it had lots of gunk floating in it, like lettuce and bread. The internet connection is terrible too. It seems quite spotty and slow more often than not.

Overall, it's a decent enough place. It seems a little expensive for how far away it is in comparison to some of the hotels across the street. We have enjoyed our stay though and will look at possibly coming back in the future.

1  Thank MightyMouse2011
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

I am sorry to learn that your hotel of many years did not live up to your expectations and delighted that you allowed us to opportunity on your recent visit to the theme parks. We do have microwaves in our Premium Rooms and there is one available 24 hours per day in our Garden Room directly behind the front desk for guest convenience. In regards to your fridge, there is a control and please feel free to contact the front desk as one of our gentlemen from engineering would be happy to assist. Please feel free to contact me when planning your next visit as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Warm regards!

Reviewed 17 September 2012

This is a great hotel and within walking distance to Disneyland. The rooms are very clean. The staff is friendly and everyone is helpful. They have a really nice continental breakfast with all kinds of cereals, pastries, breads, and fruits. It is also close to many restaurants. There are 2 spas as well as a nice pool.
This is the second time I have stayed there and will again.

3  Thank chrisrn44

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback it is most appreciated and we DO appreciate your business!

Reviewed 10 September 2012

As you will read on many other reviews, this hotel has pretty much everything.
Great location, it is literally a 5-7 min walk from Disneyland (with a 5yo in tow, so not a power walk!) but we gratefully took the shuttle both to and from the park as we knew we would be on our feet all day. The shuttle ran often and all day long except for one run around 8.15pm so the poor drivers could grab some dinner I assume!
The rooms were clean with good soundproofing. We arrived after a long day to find out our neighbour was a crying infant but once inside our room, we could hear nothing. The only real noise came from when people were walking past our rooms in the morning.
Abundant breakfast (mainly bagels and toast, cereal and yogurt) and a lovely pool. We also appreciated the wading pool for the kids, the guest laundry, the fitness room and the free parking.
There are also some places to eat across the street as well as a 7 Eleven and a mini market right next door which made things super convenient.
The only slight hitch would be that most days, we returned to our room about 2-3pm after having spent the morning at Disney and that was usually when our room was being cleaned. So either the room did not get cleaned that day or we would spend the time at the pool while waiting. Not a huge problem for us, but maybe a rotation on the cleaning times might work??
I booked this place based on the reviews I read here (plus I love the name!), so I had to share my own experience too: overall a VERY pleasant stay and honestly, as my very exacting husband said: "even better than at other big name chain hotels".
I have already highly recommended this hotel to my friends and hope to make it back there again soon!

10  Thank Nina G

Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback regarding your stay and observations about our property. Yes, the one time each day we do not run the shuttle is from the hotel at 8:00pm and back from the parks at 8:15pm for the evening driver’s dinner break. Please feel free to contact me personally when planning your return visit as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!

Reviewed 6 September 2012

We booked a night at the Candy Cane Inn based on the reviews we had read on Tripadvisor. We were very pleasantly surprised with the entire operation. Our room was clean and quiet, the staff friendly and helpful, and the grounds beautifully landscaped. The main gate to Disneyland and DCA is within easy walking distance, although the Inn does have a shuttle.

We have stayed at a number of the smaller and medium-sized motel/hotels around the park, and we found this to be the nicest we've encountered. While it doesn't have the amenities of a Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian, it has what most of us want - a reliable and inexpensive place to stay while visiting the parks.

10  Thank Cadmapper
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2012

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit to the theme parks. I am delighted to read you were pleasantly surprised with our overall operation and feel that we provide price value. Your comments are valuable feedback and most appreciated. Warm regards!

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Hotel is next door to the entrance to Disneyland. But even so they have a very reliable shuttle that runs on the half hour, which is great for folks with small children, or those who were there to do the half marathon :) We requested a room next to our friends and they complied, no glitches there. Breakfast is typical hotel fare served from 7-9am. We did not use the pool but many people did and it looked very clean. We were allowed 2 parking spots for a family of 4 which was very nice. Some hotels have actually started charging for parking even if you are staying there which is outrageous in my book. Beds were very comfortable, room came with a mini refrigerator, flat screen TV and free WIFI. I would definitely stay here again, the price was right for Labor Day Weekend!!

8  Thank Redpatch7

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers, we DO appreciate your business. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!