“Mixed review” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Redding, California, United States
“Mixed review”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

This was our very first family vacation. We stayed 3 nights at the Anabella. The grounds of the Anabella were very beautiful. When we arrived our first room was on the second floor. We noticed a problem with it when we first arrived and mentioned it right away to an employee named Paul. He immediately said that it was unacceptable and even though we were not expecting to be moved, they moved us to a new room that was at ground level with a patio. Paul was wonderful and deserves a raise! We felt the beds were comfortable and the room was beautiful. Our first two nights were wonderful. We ate at the Tangarine, it was alright, I wouldn't say it was great though. My calamari was chewy, But the sauce that came with it was yummy. We got spaghetti for one of my daughters and it was a huge serving and the other daughter ordered mac n cheese and she only got about half a cup of it. Both off of the kids menu.
Our third night is where things got a little tough. A sorority and frat house moved in to the entire row of rooms above us. First they had a pool party at the pool complete with a DJ and then they moved the party to their rooms and didn't finally calm down until 3 am. The room above us happened to be the most popular with the booming base music, people yelling "drink, drink, drink", and all we heard all night was people clomping from room to room, banging on doors. To give the hotel a little credit. Security did go up several times and I watched them tell the people to settle down and they just didn't listen. We should have had that nights stay refunded to us, but all they did was remove our parking charge. In all honesty, even though the rooms were good and beds were comfortable, I don't think we would stay here again. Being charged for the room, and parking, and WiFi, plus the city taxes and resort fees (which ended up being a lot!) It wasn't really worth the lack of sleep. Next time we will stay at one of the Disney hotels which will end up being about the same amount.

Room Tip: Don't be on the bottom in the rooms that have wood floors. You hear everything!
2 Thank my3girls61110
GGentry, Guest Relations Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Well thank you very much for taking so much time to post a review and for being completely honest, we love all of the feedback from our guests. I am so sorry that you had challenges right away during your stay but am also happy that you had the pleasure to cross paths with one of our long time prize employees, Paul. He has been recognized for his outstanding service and attitude so we do thank you for taking the time to recognize him for all of his great work. In regards to the food in the tangerine restaurant I do apologize that there was such a big difference between your kid’s meals. This posting has really helped our future progress with the restaurant and we have brought this up with the Food and Beverage director who has taken immediate action. You had stated that there was a very noisy groups that were partying in the rooms directly above you and that our security did address the situation however I would like to say that this type of behavior is not tolerated in the Anabella Hotel. Any time the front is made aware of this behavior we will send the security guard to room and then if the problem continues the party will kindly be removed from the hotel premises. I am truly sorry that this did not happen and my security guard will defiantly be reprimanded for not removing the noisy intoxicated guests. I do hope that you will try the Anabella Hotel and Resort in the near future so that you can see why we are one of Anaheim’s most popular Hotels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (679)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Humboldt, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I should have read the reviews before visiting Anabella hotel. I chose this hotel because the online pictures look amazing. Little did I know that the beds would be hard as the floor. Another thing was the sheets in different colors and patterns, maybe to not see the dirt? I just didn't feel it was as sanitary as I would have liked it to be.
Our biggest problem was the noise level outside of our room. All night there were people going up and down the parking lot talking and laughing. I tried to call and they put me on hold forever so I went to the front desk and they said it was too late and could not do the switch.
Staying at the Anabella was the only downside to our trip. I would not recommend it.

Room Tip: Make sure your room isn't next to the parking lot!!!!! They won't do anything about it.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank courtney h
GGentry, Guest Relations Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Thank you very much for posting a review regarding the Anabella Hotel and Resort. We do have one of the best kept properties in southern California and near Disneyland so thank you for your comments regarding how beautiful we look as well. Regarding your comments about the bed in the room we have replaced the majority of the beds on property with pillow top beds so I am very sorry about the hard firm mattress. I am a little confused with the multi colored sheets that you are talking about because all of our sheets on property are either white or Swiss coffee white colors. We do not have any sheets with different colors and or patterns on property sorry for the mix up. I do apologize for the noise outside of the room when the property is full and we have a lot of guests in house and being in southern California we have lots of guest outside enjoying the weather all day and late into the night. We do appreciate the feedback and hope you try the Anabella Hotel and resort in the near future.
Fresno, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

My Family and I recently stayed at the Anabella Hotel, I got this deal on expedia for 100 dollars a night for 2 night stay for 2 queen beds. My family and I were so excited and discovered when we arrived at the hotel they gave us full size beds instead and put us on the third floor. When we arrived there were lots of people standing in front of our door watching the fireworks and we were with all our luggage trying to make it up to our room. we finally got to our room with luggage and my baby and daughter we were so tired with the long drive. Our room was so small, we had to pay extra 20 dollars plus tax and fees for the crib we rented and the guy that brought it up was like were do u want me to put it. There was no room for a crib in that room we had to move the beds a little to fit it in between our beds. It was small we didn't' have any room to put our luggage and the beds were so small my husband slept on one bed and I slept on another bed with my older daughter. When I told them that our reservations said a queen bed they said that i was not entitled to a queen size bed since i booked online and they were all booked through the night. The guy in the front desk said I could upgrade for 100 dollars more for 2 nights if i wanted a king bed and day bed. With all the fees they charge you I didn't save anything booking online. My family and I had the worst sleep ever with all the noise going on outside we went to disneyland so tired. When we arrived back from disneyland we search for hours trying to find a parking spot. We notified the front desk and they said try to find one anywhere that they were booked for the night. we parked so far from our room it was ridiculous. don't think i will ever stay here again:(

1 Thank Lora N
Well thank you very much for posting your experience online, first off I wanted to apologize for some of the challenges that you endured during your stay. The room that you were in on was on the third floors and all of our rooms on the third floor are in fact all queen beds and double beds which we do guarantee when booking and is what you got. The reason the rate was $100 was because you booked during one of our busiest days of the year so I am sorry that our occupancy was so high on the evening that you stay with us. In regards to the guest standing outside your room it is difficult to say why and when they guest will do this but we do have plenty of guests that stay with us and ask about the magnificent fireworks display and most of our guests if they are up will defiantly step outside their rooms to watch the show. However is something we do seeing during the twenty minutes of fireworks that go on in the evening. The Anabella hotel is a wonderful hotel and has amazing amenities and features being one of Anaheim’s best secrets.
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

Family of four and friends of ours, family of 6, stayed at Anabella for 5 nights in February. The hotel was fantastic. Rooms were spacious and very clean. Pool area was really nice, heated at 86 degrees and pretty setting.
Our only complaint was slow service at the restaurant Tangerine Grill. It was terrible every day. We usually had to ask for our waters to be brought out and food would take over an hour for breakfast. Plus something was always forgotten. This happened on days when not busy and even if we went in a smaller group. We complained to manager and she give us a discount. But it happened the rest of the trip too. We had free breakfast inlcuded when we booked, so continued to eat there.
We all really enjoyed this hotel and would recommend staying there as long as you don't eat at the restaurant. We travel a lot and eat out a lot and can honestly say I have never had such slow service in my life!

1 Thank steffw1
Well thank you very much for the wonderfully kind words regarding your stay here at the Anabella hotel and resort we appreciate all the remarks from each and every guest that we have on property. In reference to your tangerine restaurant experience we do apologize immensely for the poor service speed and lack of quick resolution, we have replaced multiple servers and brought in some professional management help to make the restaurant more efficient and overall run smoother. This posting has been wonderfully helpful and we do truly hope to see you back at the hotel in the near future.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Coming all the way from Australia where its pretty clean, I was a bit aprehensive of what to expect in California, I have to firstly say Anaheim is such a beautiful place, the streets were spotlessly clean and the people were so friendly.
Now for the Anabella, WOW it exceeded my expectations, Room was comfy maybe a little small for 4 of us. The happy hour was something I looked forward to everday day after long days at the parks, food was amazing, my kids are fussy eaters and they demolished everything that was put in front of them.
This is so close to Disneyland and it has a beautiful pathway with fairy lights for when your coming back at night so you not walking along in the darkness.
My only criticism was they don't like you to arrange your own cabs, we made a friend with a cabbie while we were there and he gave us his card to call him whenever we wanted to go somewhere, they basically chased him out of the driveway, so we had to arrange for him to pick us up on the outside of the hotel. They have there own cab drivers which Im sure they would get a commission off but at the end of the day it's the guests choice.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dondythorpe
GGentry, Guest Relations Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a response on Trip Advisory and for posting such kind words. I am so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay here with us and that you liked our comfy rooms. We strive with each and every guest to provide an excellent stay and service which is why our hotel is considered one of Anaheim’s best kept secrets. Regarding the Tangerine restaurant food and service and I am very happy to say that we have recently brought in new management and servers to provide the best possible experience that we can give. I do apologize that you had some challenges with the taxi cabs, of course the guest comes first and it is their choice of what taxi they take even though our preferred taxi company is a lower overall rate then yellow cab so I do apologize for the issues but we are looking forward to see you stay with us at the Anabella Hotel and Resort in the near future.