“Tremendous location, very good value; excellent service, very clean”
Review of Alpine Inn

Alpine Inn
Ranked #9 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
regina
“Tremendous location, very good value; excellent service, very clean”
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Good deal; walking distance to the Mouse's House; clean, tidy littel spot, kind of leaves you with a sense of what doing Disney in the 60's might have been like; really liked it.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank jck1963Regina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cheshire
Reviewed 25 December 2011

I stayed here with a friend for 4 nights whilst we were travelling through California.

The rooms were lovely and clean, with a nice bathroom and plenty of towels when we requested more. The staff were helpful, the rooms were excellent value and literally a 5 minute walk from Disney.

Also only 10 minutes from Knott's Berry Farm, which we enjoyed even more than Disney!

For the price you pay the rooms are clean, the staff are helpful and the location is excellent. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank missmkd
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 20 December 2011

I just got back from a nice one night stay at Alpine Inn. Check in time was in the afternoon sometime but I arrived at 11:00 a.m. and I was checked in to my room immediately with out a word said about me being early. There is no charge for parking like a lot of the other hotels in the area. I was amazed at how clean everything was inside and out . This hotel was one of the cheapest hotels I could find and that usually makes me a bit nervous. The grounds were clean, the pool looked clean although we did not use it because it was sprinkling outside but I did notice there was no hot tub which I might have used to cure the aching feet after Disneyland. The hotel had decorated for christmas and it looked really good. The beds had white bedding that was actually still very white which was impressive . The carpets were very clean and so was all the furniture. There was a fridge and microwave that both worked fine. There is no closet but there is a long rod to hang clothes on and a shelf above it. There was an older style tv ( not a flat screen ) but it had a good picture . The bed was a little hard for my taste and I thought I would have a problem with it but I slept fine.The bathroom was clean as well. There is a small window in the bathroom which I liked. Looking out the bathroom window we could see that we were just feet away from california adventure because we could see the mountain to the new cars land but that was a teaser because to walk to Disney you have to walk all the way around. It takes about 15 -20 minutes to walk and you can walk it two different ways. You can walk down Katella to S. Harbor Blvd to the main walking entrance to Disneyland or you can walk up Katella to Disneyland Drive and walk through the Grand Californian hotel and through Downtown Disney. Both routes take about the same amount of time. The walk on the way to Disney was fine for us but on the way back after walking around the parks for 10 hours with blisters on our feet the 20 mins seemed like an eternity.Im not sure if the anaheim resort transit stops near here but I would suggest trying to find out or take a cab back to the hotel at night. We did not have a lot of issues with noise. , Only some kids yelling outside at 7 am but that is not the hotels fault. That is the lack of parenting . I have alway made sure my kids were very quiet outside hotel rooms . You will get lack of parenting in any hotel you stay in . The floor to our room was " squeeky" as my daughter called it. The floor would squeek as you walked over certain parts. I could imagine it would be noisy for the people below us so I would recommend asking for a room on the second floor ( There are only two floors) . I did think it was odd that they charge a quarter for ice, ive never had to pay for ice before and I stay in a lot of hotels. There is a soda/water vending maching that charges a dollar which is good, a lot of the times they are two dollars. My daughter and I are disney passport holders and like to be able to stay in a hotel for the night because we live an hour and a half away and this is the fifth hotel we have stayed in near disney and It was probably one of my favorites. The Quality inn down the street was filthy and moldy inside and outside and it was about $30 more dollars per night. Motel 6 maingate had some issues with cleanliness as well and very uncomfotable beds . The other ones we have stayed at were in a different price range so I wont give a comparrison. This is a budget Motel. If you are looking for valet parking, a spa, a bellboy or room service dont stay here. But if you want to stay in a clean , comfortable room for cheap , stay here. I will stay here again definately.

Room Tip: choose a room on the top floor
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank triskit1
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Alpine Inn provided us clean lodging at an affordable price. Only complaint... The breakfast consists only of coffee, orange juice and bagged Little Debbie donuts & muffins. Would have preferred to see cereal, English muffins, bagels, etc. Something a little healthier.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Dgarz
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Its a 10-15 minute walk to the Disneyland gates! I've stayed here twice in the past year for 3 nights each time and my experience both times has been pretty positive. The rooms have been clean, roomy and quiet. It is a budget motel so if you forget anything like toothpaste, they don't have any at the front desk. But there is a 7/11 half a block away that is open late, convenient! There is no shuttle to Disneyland but the walk is short (albeit a bit painful going back to the hotel room when you have been walking for 16 hours). Beds were comfortable but the pillows were way too fluffy and gave me a bad neck ache the first time so I recommend taking your own pillow. The TVs are outdated, but you wont spend much time watching it if you are there to go to Disneyland. The front desk guy who we dealt with was pretty unfriendly, but small price to pay for the money you save!

Room Tip: Ground level rooms are convenient since you can park your car right in front.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple