All reviewsviejas casinosan diegostrip mallcarl's jrel cajonroom was cleancontinental breakfastfree shuttleyogurtnice place to stayjanet's montanawithin walking distancethe breakfast areawould stay againfreewaylobbymotel
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Great place for a family with kids. Very clean and cozy. The breakfast was very good.
The Service was great. The pool was very clean and nice to be there with kids.

They need an elevator, they were working on that.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Lodge Alpine, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Ana I,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review based on your recent stay. We are glad to see that we were able to accommodate you during your time in Alpine! Thank you for your fantastic review, we look forward to having you as our guest again.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

It was a bad experience a spider bit my little boy (1.5 years old) in the bed and we need left before planning to get a medical help in San Diego. So definitely we wont stay there in the future. You can find better option in the area.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Lodge Alpine, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Dear Jose A,

Please accept our most sincere apologies concerning the inconveniences you experienced within your room. Rest assured that we will address your concerns to ensure rooms are being cleaned properly. Thank you again for your candid insight.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

On our trip to Alpine Ca we chose this nice Lodge based on ‘Fabulous’ category reviews in hotels.com and final decision on Yelp.Well I got to say that it definately did not disappoint at all ! Everything from the friendly staff to the nice comfortable clean room was a wonderful experience.
Coming from the city in the heart of L.A ,I can say it was a very relaxing experience.The experience was very new to us based on location and we will definitely come back !
We visited Sycuan Casino and a very nice yummy Mexican restaurant a mile away called Al Pancho’s,5 stars to that one too...thank you to management for caring about paying customers and meeting expectations.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2018

I thing this hotel is great for a weekend rest, or even as a pass thru traveler. I enjoyed it with my girl very much. A very cozy place with great service. The rooms are superb! and lots of vintage shops around. They told me the rates are not fixed all year. Comic Con is in this week, so no acommodations in san diego, but the price for the room here is a little above some others I have stayed in san diego, maybe because of the convention all rates go higher.

Room Tip: I have only stayed in one room, I have no complaints whatsoever
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2018

We were there a week and will definitely book our next stays again at this hotel. We really enjoyed our location in the hotel, the staff were very accommodating, we used the grill one night and it was already for us to use, very clean. The room cleaning staff do an excellent job and work very hard at making sure the rooms are cleaned well. There was always plenty of hot water. The pool is kept at an incredible warm temperature and the pool and the pool area are kept very clean. And I especially enjoyed the hot tub every night. Even though the hotel is right on main roads and along side a busy highway, none of the traffic noise can be heard inside the room. The location and the hotel is very quite. It is a very close to many necessary amenities, ie., pharmacy, grocery store, eating places, etc. The hotels hot breakfast is good as well. We were very happy overall with everything.

Room Tip: This is a motel style with doors opening onto a sidewalk, there are two levels, and they are putting in an elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Lodge Alpine, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear Muriel K,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. It is great to see that you are pleased with all of the amenities Ayres Lodge Alpine has to offer. We are proud to have a friendly and welcoming team, as well as our complimentary full American breakfast. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.