“Best restaurant in Town Center”

OPAH Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
OPAH Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 86 Restaurants in Aliso Viejo
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Opah Restaurant & Bar, we serve the finest fresh fish in Orange County. Carefully hand selected each day to deliver the best quality available. Come in and enjoy the menu created by Marc A. Cohen, One of the Best Chef's in Orange County. The menu is exquisite, featuring edible works of art, that look so good the could be on a magazine cover. Dont forget to try one of our signature Award Winning Martinis, or have some wine outside near the fireplace on the patio. We offer live music for our patrons on certain nights as well to add to the dining experience. If you wondering how we came up with the name Opah. It comes from the Hawaiian word for Moonfish, which was once viewed as Good Luck by fisherman, & often given away as a gesture of Good Will.
Reviewed 7 April 2018

Opah has it all. Excellent food, Outdoor seating, a bar with TVs for those who can't live without, and a quiet section, where you actually can converse without having to shout. And add to that, a Early dinner special, where appetizers are half price, and all their great mussels are $10. Best deal in Aliso Viejo.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Opah had a decent vegetarian burger, but not much to write home about. However, their desserts are very good, albeit wayyy too large for one person, and drinks are also recommended, especially the Hemingway daiquiri.

1  Thank MeraKi25
Reviewed 4 March 2018

I have been here several times and enjoy the food very much. I have tried many different dishes and have been more than satisfied each time. It's a high end restaurant with a classy atmosphere. The service has always been good. Can't wait to go back again.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Service was great. Food was amazing. Drinks are great. Dining room can get a little loud when crowded, though. I’ve been here a few times and will return.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Went here for an early family lunch and really enjoyed it. The decor is clean modern with beach art on the walls. We sat indoors but there was a large heated and covered outdoor patio that was tempting. The service from our server was excellent as he made suggestions and also noticed little things about us such as my wife wanting water without ice. Order taking was prompt and the food arrived relatively quickly. I had the beef dip which was very good with plenty of tender beef and also a nice portion of fried onions and melted Gruyere but not enough to overpower the sandwich. The bread was nice and crispy crunchy but again not too much. I really enjoyed it. My wife had the lunch special tacos which looked good and my daughter had the kids buttered noodles with chicken. They must have been good as she finished them which is rare. Our water was topped up and the server was attentive. The selection on the menu looked varied enough to satisfy most tastes. I would definitely go back again if I am in the area.