“Same shoppping center as great theatre so easy to eat after going to movies. So much easier not to have to drive.”

OPAH Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
OPAH Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 86 Restaurants in Aliso Viejo
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Opah Restaurant & Bar, we serve the finest fresh fish in Orange County. Carefully hand selected each day to deliver the best quality available. Come in and enjoy the menu created by Marc A. Cohen, One of the Best Chef's in Orange County. The menu is exquisite, featuring edible works of art, that look so good the could be on a magazine cover. Dont forget to try one of our signature Award Winning Martinis, or have some wine outside near the fireplace on the patio. We offer live music for our patrons on certain nights as well to add to the dining experience. If you wondering how we came up with the name Opah. It comes from the Hawaiian word for Moonfish, which was once viewed as Good Luck by fisherman, & often given away as a gesture of Good Will.
Reviewed 16 October 2017

First, at least for me, this restaurant is a bit pricey for a senior out for a casual lunch. But, and equally as important, the food is fantastic. If you believe you get what you pay for, this is the place to go. Service excellent, lovely outdoor eating area, and some of the best food I've ever eaten. Menu ample but not so big you spend an hour just looking through it, and there's something for everyone. Probably the best fish and chips I've ever eaten, and in 82 years I've eaten a lot! Fish is halibut, which makes it even better. Tr;y this restaurant and I think you'll agree that it is a jewel.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Good Drinks. Ok wine list. Food A+
Love the Ahi app(with watermelon).
Cioppino is amazing.
Chill ambiance.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

My 93 year old Mom lives very near Opa. It has become somewhat of a family tradition to go there for lunch when my brothers and I visit. We went again last week, sat outside on the patio in beautiful weather, and had a great meal as usual. I had the beet salad, which I hadn't had before; it was excellent! The bread with pimento butter is always wonderful. We had an especially good waiter, but I don't know his name. It was delightful!

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Service was great. That always sets the tone for a great meal.

We started with the nachos. I would have been set unlisted eating them! Loaded with shrimp, cheese and gauc! Very good.

I had the crispy shrimp tacos, one had the ahi sandwich and another the prime rib dip. All there choices were as expected - good!

A nice little place for lunch. I’m told it is a nice place to go for “date night”.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Love the food here . The menu is diverse so there is
Something for everyone's palette .We eat here often and it never disappoints . It can be a bit noisy on the weekends so opt for the heated patio if that is a concern