“Good Summer Salad”

Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Tomatina takes a modern approach to traditional Italian recipes. While our pasta with made-from-scratch sauces and homemade pizza are customer favorites, Tomatina has become known for our signature piadine - fresh, hot flat-bread topped with cool salads, ready to fold and eat. Each month, our menu features seasonal specials in addition to our extensive menu with gluten-free, vegetarian and kid-friendly options.
Reviewed 27 August 2017

It was a very warm day; @90 degrees, so deciding to have lunch in an airy, air-condition, well-lit restaurant was an easy one. We sat in a booth in the front, near the entry door, so it was nice to "people watch" a bit while we perused the menu and waited for our orders. Their menu is Italian, but with lots of options: vegetarian and gluten-free, and of course, lots and lots for meat eaters. We both ordered the Mixit salad. It was light, well-dressed with a yummy, creamy [but not heavy] dressing, with dried cranberries, candied nuts, and pickled red onion. Just delicious This is a very large place; a lot larger than it looks from Park Street, and there were singles, couples, families, and at least on wedding shower going on, yet it was not noisy or crowded. We were there for a late lunch around 2pm on a Saturday, just in case "you" wanted to know.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped in this location after a long day of sight seeing in San Francisco. The food was wonderful and reasonably priced. Had the roasted cauliflower and broccoli with spicy feta for an appetizer. Oh my goodness! Just thinking about it makes my mouth water! My daughter had the vegetarian pizza and I had the Pescatora. Both meals were outstanding! I hope to find one of these restaurants back home. Cheers everyone!

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went to the beach to hike and explore, and worked up a nice appetite. Rather than hitting a familiar spot we thought we'd give Tomatina a try. The previous reviews were less flattering than we like, but as is the common - the previous reviews were flawed!

We arrived just after 11am were seated immediately and attended to just as quickly. My wife raved over the toasted garlic bread appetizers. We ordered calzones, and we're blown away by the high quality ingredients, especially the hand-stretch fresh mozzarella cheese!! Absolutely delicious!

As long-time Calzone and pizza lovers, since the 80's with a similar offering called a 'Panzarotti', and extending to Germany where they add peas and hard boiled eggs to their calzones. Tomatina's calzones were among the best we've had!

The service was top shelf, and included an attentive owner as well as the wait staff. We spent less than $50.00 and still got 5⭐️treatment!!

Bottom line - take the previous reviews with a pinch of salt and make your own decision! We did and it was delicious!

Reviewed 14 June 2017

Went here for dinner. There is both inside and 'outside' seating, with the outside surrounded by tent like stuff. The menu has a lot of things you would find at a regular Italian restaurant, but at higher prices. Service was fairly mediocre.
The salad and appetizers were tasty. My entree was OK, my dinner companions really enjoyed theirs, it seems. Beer is reasonably priced, wine not so much.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

I went to this restaurant on Memorial Day. I chose this place because I had an existing appointment nearby at 5:00 p.m..
We got to the restaurant at 3"30 p.m.The restaurant was 1/4 filled, so they did not look too busy. We were seated promptly and order was taken. 3 items were ordered off the menu, one of them was a salad and I was hoping that would come first before my meal.
35 minutes later, (the waitress hasn't checked on us this entire time) everything came out all at once. I was already starving by then. Pasta items were bland. Service was meh.....that's all I can say.
I would go back (maybe to try other items off the menu), but I would not have a party there. If it take 35 minutes to serve 3 items, I could only imagine a party of 6 or more.