“Delicious barely describes our meal!”
Review of Tomatina

Tomatina
Reserve with OpenTable
Tomatina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 256 Restaurants in Alameda
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Tomatina takes a modern approach to traditional Italian recipes. While our pasta with made-from-scratch sauces and homemade pizza are customer favorites, Tomatina has become known for our signature piadine - fresh, hot flat-bread topped with cool salads, ready to fold and eat. Each month, our menu features seasonal specials in addition to our extensive menu with gluten-free, vegetarian and kid-friendly options.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went to the beach to hike and explore, and worked up a nice appetite. Rather than hitting a familiar spot we thought we'd give Tomatina a try. The previous reviews were less flattering than we like, but as is the common - the previous reviews were flawed!

We arrived just after 11am were seated immediately and attended to just as quickly. My wife raved over the toasted garlic bread appetizers. We ordered calzones, and we're blown away by the high quality ingredients, especially the hand-stretch fresh mozzarella cheese!! Absolutely delicious!

As long-time Calzone and pizza lovers, since the 80's with a similar offering called a 'Panzarotti', and extending to Germany where they add peas and hard boiled eggs to their calzones. Tomatina's calzones were among the best we've had!

The service was top shelf, and included an attentive owner as well as the wait staff. We spent less than $50.00 and still got 5⭐️treatment!!

Bottom line - take the previous reviews with a pinch of salt and make your own decision! We did and it was delicious!

Reviewed 14 June 2017

Went here for dinner. There is both inside and 'outside' seating, with the outside surrounded by tent like stuff. The menu has a lot of things you would find at a regular Italian restaurant, but at higher prices. Service was fairly mediocre.
The salad and appetizers were tasty. My entree was OK, my dinner companions really enjoyed theirs, it seems. Beer is reasonably priced, wine not so much.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

I went to this restaurant on Memorial Day. I chose this place because I had an existing appointment nearby at 5:00 p.m..
We got to the restaurant at 3"30 p.m.The restaurant was 1/4 filled, so they did not look too busy. We were seated promptly and order was taken. 3 items were ordered off the menu, one of them was a salad and I was hoping that would come first before my meal.
35 minutes later, (the waitress hasn't checked on us this entire time) everything came out all at once. I was already starving by then. Pasta items were bland. Service was meh.....that's all I can say.
I would go back (maybe to try other items off the menu), but I would not have a party there. If it take 35 minutes to serve 3 items, I could only imagine a party of 6 or more.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

Four of us decided to have Italian food for dinner. Two of our group needed gluten free food. It was not a problem. Everyone enjoyed their meals although we did not share any of the food. Two of us had individual pizzas that were very tasty and the portions were large. I could not finish my pizza.

Will I come back here again? Yes, without a doubt.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Egad attended a brew festival for 5 hours and needed to refuel. Walked in at 6 ish, but the place was crowded. We ordered at bar, quick and swift service. Great food for is all. Loved my spinach and sauteed Prawns.