“FOOD OUTSTANDING, BUT”

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 26 December 2017

I would have rated Jinky's 5 star except for one small item, which I will share later. The food was excellent and the menu is huge. We ate there once for dinner and the next morning for breakfast. Both meals were very well done.

I had the Hangover burger, which was filling and cooked perfect. Just be aware it's a "knife & fork" burger as it's juicy. Fries were cooked just right. Breakfast I had the Hash Benedict with tatter tots. My wife had the small La Fonda omelet. Again, outstanding flavor and cooked to perfection. If that's the small omelet I would hate to see the large.

Now the only negative, my beer was served warm (not for breakfast). My first Stella was chilled to a nice temperature. However, when I ordered the second Stella it came out warm and the waitress knew it was warm as I saw her give the bottle an extra feel after she set it on the table. I did have a chilled glass and so as to not make a big deal I poured it into the glass and it was at least drinkable.

Yes, I could have sent it back and I am sure she would have replaced it. But, that's not the point. The point is, she knew it was warm or at least she had some feeling it might be; as she clearly felt it a little longer.

Not a big deal and certainly not a reason to avoid eating here. The food was very good and the atmosphere is warm and inviting.

Date of visit: December 2017
Alan V, Owner at Jinky's Agoura Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Thank you for reviewing our restaurant. We look forward to serving you and your wife again!Jinky's Cafe

Reviewed 23 December 2017

Very good American food. Typically come for brunch with 3-generation family. Large menu ranges from eggs and pancakes to salads to sandwiches and a wide variety of entrees.

Agoura Hills is the newest and best of the three Jinky's locations am familiar with. (Other locations are in Sherman Oaks and Santa Monica.)

Don't let the parking intimidate you. Jinky's Agoura Hills location shares a parking lot with the Trader Joe's grocery store. Be patient for a couple of minutes and a spot will open (or park on the street below the parking lot).

Date of visit: October 2017

Thank you for reviewing our restaurant! We look forward to serving you and your 3-generations again. :)Jinky's Cafe

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Came here on a Saturday with my guy and sat at the bar to watch some college football games. I got the traditional eggs Benedict with spinach and hash browns. My guy got the chilaquiles. Both dishes were delicious! It was also reasonably priced!

Date of visit: November 2017
Alan V, Owner at Jinky's Agoura Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Thank you for your kind words about Jinky's Kanan Cafe. We are committed to providing unique quality and flavors that you will enjoy and hopefully keep you coming back. We are glad you enjoyed our Eggs Benedict and the Chilaquiles! We look forward to serving you again soon.Gratefully,Jinky's Kanan Cafe

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Great egg dishes, fresh salads, plentiful portions, friendly service--what's not to like? We eat at one or more of the Jinky's chain on every trip to L.A. It's like an old friend. The food is reliably good and they never rush you. We like the beet salad and the vegan healthy bowl, but served with real chicken as an option. The lime-cilantro rice is super. This was our first visit to the Agoura Hills Jinky's, which is as good as the one in Sherman Oaks. In Agoura it's within short walking distance to the Homewood Suites by Hilton (just across the parking lot on the other side of Trader Joe).

Date of visit: August 2017
Alan V, Owner at Jinky's Agoura Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

5 stars!!! Thank you!

Reviewed 22 August 2017

high priced salads for $15 without protein, $3 to add protein. So so tuna fish sandwich, ordinary salads. Nice atmosphere and patio but too high priced for what it is.

Date of visit: August 2017
Alan V, Owner at Jinky's Agoura Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Thank you for letting us know that you were disappointed. Please give us another try.