“Great food!”

Flavors of Louisiana
Ranked #1 of 149 Restaurants in Avondale
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Description: We are an authentic Cajun food restaurant. The owner is a Baton Rouge native with roots in New Orleans and White Castle Louisiana. Most people believe Cajun food is hot and spicy when in actuality Cajun food is all about the flavor. You will find that Flavors of Louisiana is truly all about flavor. We have Gumbo,Po-boys, Oysters, Catfish, Alligator, Crawfish just to name a few items. Come on out and let us bring the bayou to you!!!
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

We live in Goodyear and just tried this place for the first time. My husband had gumbo and I had the shrimp etouffee. Both were excellent. The peach cobbler was just fantastic! The place looks like a hole in the wall diner, but it somehow enhances the atmosphere. They do not serve alcohol.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

I went here last week, and it didn't impress me at all. I can't even remember what I ate and I know that I didn't finish it.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

We decided to come here and see why it's so highly rated and we now know. We ordered the deep fried catfish poboy with the jambalaya and the blackened shrimp poboy with the French fries. The catfish was lightly battered and the catfish itself was delicious. The shrimp was seasoned perfectly. The jambalaya was very tasty, thanks to the awesome sausage. Definitely worth coming back again.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

The lightly breaded alligator bites were moist and very tasty. The green fried tomatoes had good flavor but are cut too thin and the batter falls off. The jambalaya was not good. The hush puppies lacked seasoning and tasted like only cornbread. Six beignets come in an order. Those that were thoroughly cooked were really good. Most, however, had raw dough inside.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

I really loved the food I've had from my visits to Flavors of Louisiana. Try something different. I did, and now have new favorites. I will be back!