“Takes care of craving”

Golden Phoenix Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #73 of 100 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

The staff is always friendly here. My wife and I eat here when we get a craving for Chinese buffet and we're in town. You can fill up on the standard buffet as well as some American food as well. It's just a good place for a fast, cheep meal. We come here at least once a month.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

On the road heading north at lunch time. Drove into town and spotted the Golden Phoenix Super Buffet close to a gas station for $1.99. Filled with many local people who obviously knew each other. Large enough selection of food. Nothing to really write home about but they did have a Mongolian grill, attentive wait staff. I did find some things I enjoy not often on Chinese buffets - kim chee, lichee nuts, sushi, sugar-free butter pecan ice cream. Cost for all-day Sunday was $9.50@ plus tax - no senior discount and beverage not included.

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Golden Phoenix is one of our favorite places to go in Athens. It is a serve yourself all-you-can-eat buffet. There are dishes ranging from macaroni and cheese with fried catfish all the way to sesame chicken and noodles. The sushi is very good and my personal favorite. They also have an entire serving table dedicated to deserts including ice cream and cake.

Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

I don't necessarily like Chinese food but I can usually get enough chicken or other food to make it work. The teriyaki chicken was pretty good along with the mushrooms. The rest was pretty bad. My wife eats Chinese food and she said it wasn't great. I would not go back. I should have consulted with trip advisor before going but we were in a hurry. Staff was friendly though.

Reviewed 15 October 2015 via mobile

Apparently this place isn't interested in customers. I called this evening to make sure they were open before making the drive over and never had anyone pick up the phone all evening and no recorded message of information. FORGET THEM! There are plenty of restaurants that want customers!