“The place for catfish”
Review of Catfish Cabin

Catfish Cabin
Ranked #17 of 100 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Great catfish and seafood. Good selection of non-seafood items as well
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

We have never been disappointed. The catfish, chicken livers and crab claws are as good as it gets around here. The service has always been dependable and I like the ice tea.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Food was just not that good and portion size was small for what you paid for! Had seen this place for some time, and after one visit, it will be my last!

Mary W, Owner at Catfish Cabin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are sorry that we weren't able to provide you with a more positive experience. We us only the finest ingredients in our dishes and strive to price every meal fairly. We hope that you will consider giving us another shot in the future!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Good catfish is becoming more difficult to find in Alabama. Catfish Cabin is a place to get good catfish. Fried or blackened, it’s moist and tender and flavorful. The hush puppies are cooked perfectly and have a tough of whole kernel corn added for a surprise sweetness. Slaw is also a winner.
This is worth your stop.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Friendly service and always good food. The menu is expanding with new seafood options. The grilled shrimp and frog legs are very good.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

I was in the Athens restaurant today at 3pm. We was seated right away and given a menu as we was seated. At 3:15 pm we was still setting there, no one came and took our drink order or ask if we was ready to order. Three different waitress walked by us on different occasions asking other diners setting all around us if they needed anything like refills and other things. This was my first time in your restaurant and was looking forward to trying it out. At 3:15pm I got up and walked out. I will never be back to your establishment and plan on telling everyone I know about my experience there. No stars given for no service at all.

Mary W, Owner at Catfish Cabin, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Hi Darryl, thank you so much for taking the time to give us some feedback on your recent visit with us. Every one of our staff members are trained to be quick, efficient, professional and friendly, so it's disheartening to know this was not how it came across to you. Customer service that is not provided to its full potential is unacceptable and will be addressed immediately! I would like to assure you that this is certainly an isolated occurrence, and not a representation of how we normally operate as a business. We hope that you change your mind about returning, we would love to have the opportunity to show you what we're really capable of.