“Good food, poor ambiance”
Review of Wildwood Deli

Wildwood Deli
Ranked #17 of 100 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is only open until 2:30 pm. Thinking it was open until 5, we got there just a few minutes before they closed. You order at the counter. I wanted a burger but they were all out. I had the Philly cheesesteak sandwich and it was delicious. Good flavor and served on a soft sub roll. There are only 4 tables inside. Two were occupied by staff. One had equipment on it. We sat at the only other table. It rocked any time we leaned on it. We had to get our own drinks from the cooler. My partner had the garden salad with chicken. The waitress didn’t know what kind of salad dressings they had. The salad comes in a plastic take-out box with a plastic knife and fork. Good food but a little pricey. No atmosphere. The restaurant would probably do well in a larger location.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

My wwife likes this place, although my one experience was sort of disappointing. This is more or less a chick place in food is a little fru-fru.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Great food— dependably good!
Service is impeccable!
Everything I’ve had there is outstanding. A favorite place for locals and a great choice for visitors

Reviewed 8 November 2017

There is nothing but awesomeness at this deli! Locally owned and operated by some of the best people on the planet who happens to know how to cook homestyle goodness! They have an impressive menu and everything is made fresh. If you're visiting the downtown square in Athens, AL, be sure to stop by and get your southern hospitality & food fix for the day. You'll be glad you did!!

Reviewed 15 August 2017

This is a small deli that is so well organized that one's order is received surprisingly fast. Worth a trip to see how many selections are available in sandwiches, chips and drinks. An inviting outdoor dining area fenced from the street and a couple shade trees make for enjoyable outdoor dining. There is seating inside as well and I noted that guys will be quite comfortable with the wooden benches and heavy chairs. Not one thing frilly about this place. Good food served in generous portions.