Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ZenHotels.comUS$101
getaroom.comUS$106
StayForLongUS$122
TripadvisorUS$101
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 December 2019

The hotel is a nice, older property. Clean and comfortable. BUT...if you reserve for two nights and check out a day early getting a refund for the second night is NOT an easy process. I arrived on a Friday with plans to check out on Sunday. Plans changed...checked out on Sunday. Didn't look at receipt, but it showed a credit balance for one night's stay. When I got my credit card statement, it showed a charge for the 2 nights. I called the property FOUR times, but the manager was never in. No one else can put through the credit. I called Choice Hotels (offshore) customer service. They call the property and then told me to call back in the afternoon as the property manager would be there. When I called back, they said the credit had already been sent through. SO....watch your bill and credit card statement if you check out early!

Date of stay: November 2019
Quality Inn A, Manager at Quality Inn Arab Hwy 231, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2019

Dear Guest,

We first want to apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you and your family. We take all issues very serious as well as our guest satisfaction. Hope you will come stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 21 July 2019 via mobile

Believe they have been reading the past reviews. Rooms have new bedding and carpet, staff very polite. In room coffee maker worked however no cups so had to ask. Breakfast, well standard, nothing to really write home about. Nice small pool area that was very clean and well maintained. If you have kids and stop here they will be able to get rid of that extra energy. Beautiful parks close by as well.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2019

Stayed here for business through the Hydrofest week. My room was clean, front desk staff was courteous and helpful. I worked 12-14 hour days and came back to a quiet cool clean room making it easy to shower and get a good nights sleep before doing it all again in the heat of June. Bed was great! I appreciate the price being in line with state employee per diem; not many hotels do this. Will definitely stay here again and plan to book for next years event as soon as the dates are released.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2018

Stayed here for two nights while visiting family. First issue started at check-in. Rate I was charged was higher than the rate I booked. Was told by front desk staff that "the rate went up". What? Once I book, that is the rate I should be charged. There was another women at the front desk who I believe was either the manager or franchisee and she was able to resolve.

The room furnishings appear updated and the bathroom was small but updated as well. First impression was very positive but.........

When climbing into bed I noticed what appeared to be blood stains on the sheet. Took it to the office and got another sheet. The second sheet had to be returned as well. Looked like someone picked their nose and used it as a tissue. Finally the third sheet was clean.

Odd water pressure in shower. The colder the water the stronger the pressure. Very weak water pressure if you like a warm/hot shower.

Found two bugs in room the second day. One appeared to be some kind of beetle. Not sure what the other was. I assume these get in the room if the cleaning staff leaves door open while cleaning room. Did not bother mentioning this to front staff as I was leaving in the morning and what would they do about it anyway.

Breakfast was not very good. Eggs shaped like hockey pucks that were hard and dry.

Hotel sits back off of a major road with plenty of eating options. Others have commented about road noise but I did not have an issue with that.

Will likely stay in Guntersville on my next visit.

Date of stay: December 2018
2  Thank JAR713
Reviewed 31 October 2018

Had to book rooms last minute due to a funeral.
Group included 2 elderly people that walk with canes, and one with a broken ankle. We had to take 2nd floor rooms. Asked where the elevator was, there isn't one. Not good at all.

They have full size mattresses on Queen box springs, be careful.
Room 1 had no issues. Room 2 had a toilet that clogged and overflowed. We were moved to another room with the exhaust fan hanging from the ceiling and not working.

The pool is covered with scum, not that swimming in N Alabama is happening outside in October anyway. The advertised gym was closed during the entire stay with an "out of order sign".

Room 2 had torn duvets, then we found a large yellow stain on another. Gross.

Breakfast was available, but was rarely replentished. We also ended up at McDonalds each morning, similar to those above. The sign to not take food back to the room was tacky. Considering 3 folks couldn't do steps and the non existent elevator, they had McDonalds.

The noise coming from 231 is the worst I've ever had it a hotel room.

This hotel would step up it's game if it had some competition, but it does not. We would stay there again only because I don't want to drive from Huntsville daily to visit family.

Date of stay: October 2018