“Was able to sit outside ”
Review of Westend Bistro

Westend Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Westend Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #339 of 3,724 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Cross street: M Street
Transit: Foggy Bottom/GWU & Dupont Circle
Description: Enjoy award-winning American cuisine at Westend Bistro in Washington, D.C. The Chef de Cuisine, Adam Barnett, presents updated bistro classics, infusing modern and traditional techniques that focus on fresh ingredients from the farms and fields of Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania.
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

I wanted to go to Grillfish but as a solo diner I would need to sit at the bar despite a decent number of tables outside and in his balmy evening - no thanks.

Presently surprised by Westend nice service upfront and welcoming to sit outside. Ordered the ribeye with a glass of Cali cab and as very pleased.

Short menu but who cares when it’s this good and so was the service tonight.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Great food and happy hour specials. Very conveniently located amongst hotels near the West End. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 27 May 2018

We met friends to eat here while we were staying at the Ritz. The food was very good, everything was [repared well, it just wasn't very interesting or special. The staff was wonderful and the wine list very good. I would say it was expensive for what it was. The atmosphere is fine for a hotel restaurant, and when we at breakfast there it was good - but for dinner, it was the convenience of the location that was its best feature. Again, nothing truly negative. But nothing all that special either.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 8 May 2018

I had lunch at this bistro. This restaurant has outside seating which was perfect on a beautiful spring day. I can't complain about the food because it was so good. I can say that I was happy to have lunch at Westend. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 15 April 2018

My friends and I had an awful brunch here from start to finish last weekend prior to our departure from the hotel.

We made a reservation for opening at 11 and were promptly seated upon arrival. Our server, who spoke passable English, greeted us and I ordered a breakfast tea (Earl Grey) with cream and sugar while another friend ordered an orange juice.

The buffet was unimpressive so we all ordered off the menu. I chose the Buttermilk Biscuits with Maple Butter and the Avocado Toast.

My tea arrived while we waited and the gal ran off after pouring it instead of asking if I'd like it to continue to steep (yes is the answer) - I asked about my cream and sugar - it did not come with my tea. Our server stopped by and said he'd go get it and then we never saw him again, at all. It's like he left in the middle of our meal.

Eventually I got furious while waited and tracked someone down - they brought the cream and sugar but the tea was bland and light and never steeped to a nice dark brown for a black tea. It was gross. I asked them to take it back and bring me a juice. It was twice as big as my friend's size. So no consistency in sizes for the $6 juice price.

Around this time our food came out, still no sign of the server. The biscuits were large (two of them) and were delicious. The only part of the meal enjoyed. My avocado toast was hard as a rock with smashed guac on it, very little, and one tomato and a poached egg. I asked for more guac. It wasn't good for about $19. I'd never order again.

One friend ordered chicken and waffles and said it was ok - but not the best. She ate it bc she was hungry. Another ordered pancakes that were supposed to have maple syrup, hazelnut and banana. They came out luke warm and plain. She had to ask for everything which came on the side... she was pissed. My last friend enjoyed her meal, she was the only one, she ordered a salmon benedict plate and said it was good.

Still, our server never came back and no one came to check on us the entire meal to see if we needed anything, if the food was ok, nothing. Any time we needed anything (my tea, the topping for my friend, etc.) we had to stop a passing person who was trying to run by without making eye contact. Wtf.

Eventually, we did the same to get the check after stewing and waiting for someone to come back for 15 minutes.

No one tried to make things right, offered to comp anything, or even apologize.

Awful service, I expected better at the Ritz. It cost us around $120 for the total meal and we would never come back.

Date of visit: April 2018