“Rather good but a little over priced”
Review of Westend Bistro

Westend Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Westend Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #370 of 3,704 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Cross street: M Street
Transit: Foggy Bottom/GWU & Dupont Circle
Description: Enjoy award-winning American cuisine at Westend Bistro in Washington, D.C. The Chef de Cuisine, Adam Barnett, presents updated bistro classics, infusing modern and traditional techniques that focus on fresh ingredients from the farms and fields of Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania.
Reviewed 9 April 2018

We had two very good dinner experiences here. The restaurant is comfortable, not noisy, and is spacious. Service is first rate.We enjoyed our food, all of which is authentic, beautifully presented and near perfect. The kitchen is fully open to view, so you can see for yourself that everything is prepared on site. If you like good food then this is one to consider if you are within about 15 minutes travel time. $60 each for a mains, premium bottled water, a dessert to share, very good wine by the glass, 10% tax and 18% gratuity. We went twice and will go again.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I have eaten here several times. I love to have breakfast here on Sunday morning. The environment on Sunday morning is very relaxed. The food is very good with a variety of food selections. Healthy options are available. The service is very good.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

I took my daughter and her boyfriend here for a Sunday brunch. It is a cozy, interesting place and the food and service are very good.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

I had read bad reviews about this place so we were a bit hesitant. However, our server named BEN was beyond excellent. He gave us suggestions , ordered soup that wasn’t on our menu, etc... plus he was an interesting, well informed, professional server. Everything we ordered was delicious!! We cannot say one negative thing about our experience tonight.
Well done and thank you Ben !

Reviewed 25 February 2018

We decided to try the West End Bistro on the ground level of the Ritz-Carlton for brunch. Note to self, never eat anywhere without checking trip advisor first. We were seated promptly by a very nice hostess (Gigi) and things went downhill from there. Coffee was very hot and had a good flavor. I ordered steak Benedict and the wife scrambled eggs with bacon. I wanted mine cooked medium well too err on the safe side. She likes her eggs dry and brown. When the food arrived, the waiter apologized for the wait. (I guess they had to wait to let it cool off). I knew I was in trouble when the plate was barely warm. Cut potatoes were cold. Notice I didn’t say warm. They were cold. The eggs Benedict was warm, my steak was warm also, but was medium rare with a tailwind. I pushed my plate away and got my iPad out to write my review (I have never done that before nor have I ever felt the need to.) my wife’s side of bacon was just barely warm also. The waiter returned to the table and offered more coffee, which I said yes to a refill since it is the only thing hot on my side of the table. Wife was pleased with her eggs both in temperature and dryness. This is a disgrace to being in the same building as the Ritz.If it were a franchise, I would revoke their agreement and lock the door. The waiter has removed my wife’s plate and ignored mine. One would think it would be obvious there is something wrong, but it is easier to ignore the elephant in the room (or on the table). I would have considered getting a “to go” box for the homeless person across the street at Walgreens, but I didn’t want to insult them. Service 2 minus, Food 1 minus, Value -5 (A first in my over 100 reviews) . Truly the worst dining experience I have encountered in DC. ONE OF THE TOP TENS (from the bottom) in my life.

Zach, the manager came by and after speaking with him, he offered to comp the meal which I declined. He said for us to call and return the next time we are in town to see how his team has improved. We will. Very nice and professional.

1  Thank Jack M