“AWESOME!!!!!”

Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Waldorf, Maryland
“AWESOME!!!!!”
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I went with my 2 teenage sons and friends and their teenagers. We were there for nearly 4 hours and didn't get to see it all. We went to the After Hours tour and strongly recommend everyone go on this! We LOVED all the interactive stations, the info. on all on the criminals, and the demonstrations!! This is a must see and we WILL be back!!! :-)

Visited February 2012
CrimeMuseumStaff, Director of Sales at National Museum of Crime & Punishment, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Thank you so much for writing this awesome review! Our after-hours events have so much interesting and great information that I can understand how you spent almost 4 hours here. :) Make sure to come to our next one which will be on April 13th,2012. Thank you again and we appreciate your business. :)

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“America's Most Wanted Museum”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

The home of "America's Most Wanted" and a wealth of information about that long-running TV program, this museum is so much more than the TV shows that have piqued so much interest in its subject matter. The museum is replete with interactive displays that engage viewers with this unique subject matter. The forensic autopsy is dissected in the CSI section of the museum, the same section that allows participants to work their way through a mock crime scene, accompanied by brief explanations on the science that is used throughout an investigation. No manner of crime is neglected, from art heists to computer hacking to serial murder, the museum is complete in its coverage of the subject of crime. As for punishment, museum-goers will not be found wanting either, as there are many exhibits that discuss punishment in all its gory detail from medieval torture devices to current day capital punishment methods; nothing is spared. The museum has a full section dedicated to prison and prison life, with a revealing look at prisoner art and tattoos. For those interested in murderabilia, there is a fascinating section concerning serial killers that includes paintings by John Wayne Gacy, letters from David Berkowitz ("The Son of Sam"), and they even have Ted Bundy's Volkswagon sitting in the front lobby.
This museum treats its subject matter very well and pieces together several eras in American criminal history to truly bring together a well-rounded and respectable handling of the subject. I found it be very engaging and entertaining. The 2.5 hours I spent here was not enough to digest all of information and activities put at my disposal. I strongly recommend going, in fact, to the have the opportunity and not go would be a crime in itself.

1 Thank CodyOh
CrimeMuseumStaff, Manager at National Museum of Crime & Punishment, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you for your review!! I am thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit! We do our best to present the subject matter, so I am happy that you feel it is presented in a well-rounded, respectable manner. We hope you will visit us again soon! :-)
Bowie, Maryland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Perfect for Kids and Adults”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My family and I recently visited the Crime and Punishment Museum, and the interactive nature of the experience really makes this attraction standout among other experiences. For younger kids, there is McGruff the crime dog with tips throughout the museum on stranger danger. The CSI portion of the museum is not to be missed, and my husband was a big fan of the safe cracking experience.

Please do not miss this experience.

Visited February 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I am glad to hear that your whole family enjoyed the museum. Our museum has something for everyone! Try doing our Top Detective Challenge when you are here again. Your whole family will be sure to love it! Make sure to look it up on our website. Thank you again! :)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My husband and I recently attended the after hours tour, which offered information booths and exhibits above and beyond what are normally available during the day tours. The interactive nature of this special event was truly awesome, with real-life document examiners and fingerprint experts at the event giving demonstrations. We loved it and would definitely go back.
Additionally, we are grateful for the Crime and Punishment museum bringing this kind of information to light, and educating the public on the nature and evolution of crime in the U.S., and the importance of law enforcement in our society!

Visited February 2012
Thank you so much for writing this review! Yes, our after-hours events are awesome! Come back for our next one which will be on April 13th, 2012. We always have different presenters and experts present that make the event great each time. We also offer public forensic labs on the weekends you can attend. Those are a lot of fun and very interactive! Check them out on our website! Hope you come visit us again. Thank you for your business. :)
Seattle, Washington
“A Great Experience!”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I recently visited this museum with my family and had a fantastic afternoon! I would definitely give yourself at least 3 hours so you don't feel rushed because there are so many great things in this museum to see. Loved all of the inter actives- crack a safe, shooting & driving simulators. I would also recommend a forensic lab- very interactive, great instructors. Overall one of my favorite museums' in DC! I will definitely be going back and recommending it to friends.

Visited February 2012
We are so happy that we are one of your favorite museums in DC!! I agree, the interactives are great, especially the firearms and driving simulators! I am also thrilled that you were able to participate in our forensic labs and recommend it! We do hope you will visit us again soon! Thank you! :-)