Willard InterContinental Washington
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
JW Marriott Washington, DC(Washington DC)
  • Room Service
W Washington D.C.(Washington DC)
Hotel Harrington(Washington DC)
  • Pool
  • Pool
The Hay-Adams(Washington DC)
3,473 results
All reviewscafe du parcthe round robin barwhite housepeacock alleybeautiful hotelwashington monumentclassic hotelroom servicebeautiful lobbyperfect locationnational mallan upgrademini barroom was largeturn down servicetwo blockssmithsonian museums
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I had previously stayed at the Willard a few years ago and wasn't impressed with the customer service. Our room had been switched three times and upon our last day there was flooding in our room. Someone from the staff was supposed to contact us about that - but never did. However, I believe the hotel is beautiful and it has a fantastic location, so when my fiancé and I were looking for a place to stay, we decided to give The Willard another try.

I booked our room and got a great rate through AAA. I figured we didn't need much as we were only staying three nights. The bill was over about $1000 for those three nights including the $55 a day fee for parking. Our room was a King Deluxe (not sure why it is deemed deluxe as we had a view of the JW brick wall, but that's ok).

When we checked in, our bags were brought up to our room and the gentleman was very friendly. Also, we got engaged on this trip so we were treated to sparkling wine and chocolate strawberries by the staff which was very kind.

The downsides to the trip were the screaming kids that were pounding on the ground and yelling outside our door at all hours of the night and the mold in-between the shower tiles.

Another downside for us was our service at the Round Robin Bar inside the hotel. We realize that a Friday night is very busy for a bar, especially in DC. However, I have never been treated so poorly by staff in a restaurant or a bar. When we arrived we were told to seat ourselves, which was fine as well. But when we asked for help finding a table as there wasn't much available and another family was blocking a full, free and useable table, we were shoved in corner and forgotten about. They even told my fiancé to sit on a foot stool instead of getting him a chair. If I hadn't asked them to please find a chair for him to sit on, a 6 ft plus gentleman would have been sitting on a 2ft tall foot stool in a bar (basically sitting on the ground). After we ordered drinks, which were awful btw, our waiter basically disappeared even though we said we would like to order food. After flagging him down finally, we placed an order and got our food. After all that, we decided we'd rather take our desert to go and instead of boxing it up, the waiter told us to just bring it up on a plate. I hope nobody takes offense to this, but it felt really classless in a supposedly nice hotel to be asked and then to have to carry our food out of a bar on a plate and up to the 9th floor. After all that, I still tipped him 20%!

On our last night at the hotel, there was an awful storm so we were basically stuck inside. We would have loved to go to Cafe Du Parc, but we couldn't even move about the hotel with the wedding events of someone staying at the hotel. We decided to order to our room (I don't recommend as the orders weren't correct and when I tried to tell the gentleman who brought it up, he told me that I was incorrect). Unfortunately, we spent the night in our room eating an overcooked burger and salad without dressing and no TV since the storm must have knocked out the service in our room.

Lastly, as we were leaving, we had our car brought up and they placed our bags in the back seat as I asked. I keep work equipment in the trunk therefore the bags are always placed in the back row. However both times we had our car brought out, the light on the dash told me that the trunk was ajar. This was interesting to me as I never saw any of the gentleman working at the valet open my trunk...

I want to love this hotel because I love this history and the design, but I just keep finding that the customer service is inconsistent. I'm not sure whether I will try and stay again or go back to the Marriott across the street.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brittany F
GM_The-Willard, Hotel Manager at Willard InterContinental Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on you recent stay at the Willard InterContinental. We are disappointed and deeply concerned to hear about the short comings you experienced during your recent stay at our historic property. We strive to ensure that our guests have a memorable experience while with us, thus we are saddened to see we fell short. Should we have known of these shortcomings, our staff would have worked to rectify the situation as quickly as possible. I would like the opportunity to speak with you further to learn more about your visit and to see how we can make amends for experience. When you have a moment, please send me an email with the best telephone number in which you can be reached. I look forward to speaking with you.

Simon.Chapman@ihg.com

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Great stay with the family, perfect location. Loved the history of the hotel, kids wished there was a pool but we stayed very busy with all the great things to do in the area. Some great shopping in the area as well.

Room Tip: We had the executive suite and it exceeded our expectations.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review. We're delighted to hear that you and your family had an excellent stay with us. An iconic property, often referred to as the ‘Residence of Presidents’, The Willard has welcomed U.S. presidents, foreign dignitaries and celebrities, as well as has been the site of many historic moments in U.S. history for 200 years. We're happy to hear you loved the history of our hotel as much as we do!

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

The Willard InterContinental Washington was the perfect blend of location, history, charm and class ! As you walk into the lobby you walk into a fairytale that far exceeds any hotel we've ever experienced! I had a hard time getting my son to leave the hotel to tour the rest of the city . We had a terrible time with flights putting us a day late due to inclement weather causing us to catch another flight with only 4 hours sleep. As a result I left my phone in the cab realizing at the front desk that it was missing. I was beginning to panic! The guest relations agents calmly asked for my phone number called it and had the driver on the way back to the hotel with my phone before I could ask what's for breakfast! The staff was exceptional , the rooms were roomy and beautiful, and the restaurant was delicious! I will never check for a different hotel in DC !

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at the Willard InterContinental Washington, D.C. Hearing that your stay was "absolute perfection" is music to our ears! It was also such a pleasure learning that you found our staff to be exceptional, our rooms roomy and beautiful, and our restaurant delicious. All things we love to hear from guests when describing The Willard experience. Should your travels bring you back to our nation's capital (and we sure hope they do!), we look forward to welcoming you back for another perfect stay.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Great centrally located hotel with wonderful feel and service. The staff are very attentive and knowledgeable and help make your stay terrific. There's also a rich historic feeling in the hotel that make this place special.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the 5-star review. Hearing that you had a great stay in D.C. is music to our ears. It was also such a pleasure learning that you found our staff to be very attentive and knowledgeable and that they were able to make your stay a terrific one. I will be sure to share your kind words with them. Thank you again for your review. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

This was our first trip to DC and the Willard was the perfect place to stay- such a central location and an iconic hotel- the lobby is really spectacular, the rooms spacious and comfortable and the service excellent- highly recommend!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the 5-star review. We're thrilled to hear you found it to be the perfect place to stay and that you would highly recommend our historic property. Thank you! Spectacular lobby, spacious and comfortable rooms, and excellent service are all things we love to hear from guests when describing The Willard experience. Should your travels bring you back to our nation's capital, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again.