1,644 results
All reviewsunion stationcapitol hillgreat view of the capitolcapital buildingfire stationwithin walking distancenational mallfront desk staffvery nice hotelhomeless peoplefew blocksper daylobby areabed was very comfortableconvenient locationbusiness centercorner room
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This hotel is very nice. I had both breakfast and dinner in the hotel, and the food was very good. The hotel is conveniently located to Union Station, the Capitol, and many of the museums and monuments. It's just a short walk to the Capitol Mall, where one can walk the 1.9 miles from the Capitol to the Lincoln Memorial, stopping along the way at the Washington Monument, the Vietnam Memorial, the African History Museum, the Holocaust Museum, and many others.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the atrium are quiet. Even though there's natural light, the view is of other buildings.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank judithstoyko
WashingtonCourtHotel, Manager at Washington Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi judithstoyko, thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words about the the property and the quality of our food. We are happy to hear that you found our location to be conveniently located. We hope that we are your first choice next time you are in D.C.!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

One place I would really recommend staying, when you visit Washington D.C. It is very close to The Capitol and sometimes if you are lucky enough, you could get a room with the windows facing towards the Capitol. The rooms are spacious

Stayed: June 2017

Hi Roshan G, thank you for your review. We appreciate the recommendation! We hope that your room faced the Capitol and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I arrived at the hotel 4 hours before official check in time, just hoping to drop my bags off while I explored the city until I returned later that night, Instead, staff happily gave me room keys. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from Union Station, which allows you easy access to all the city has to offer. I didn't see many restaurants on streets by the hotel, but like I said, Union Station is a 5 min walk and offers many restaurants and shops. The hotel was extremely quiet, I don't think I heard one person during the time I spent there. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Amy B

Hi Amy B, thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you found our staff accommodating and that you were able to check-in to your room upon your arrival. Thank you for your recommendation of our property and we hope you can visit again soon!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

This hotel is wonderful The people are friendly and go out of their way to make you comfortable. Our room was spotless and the view was breathtaking. The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars is because of the surrounding area. We were one block from the Capitol which was fantastic but if you ventured out in any other direction the homeless population was worse than anywhere I've seen. We were constantly asked for money and a homeless man even approached us at our dinner table inside a local restaurant. Since I was traveling with just my young daughter this was very unnerving. We took cabs everywhere after our first attempt to walk anywhere. As you would anywhere you travel, use caution on the streets during the day and use cabs after dark.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have a stunning view of the Capitol Building.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
WashingtonCourtHotel, Manager at Washington Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Hi Annietomk, thank you for your review of your most recent stay. We very much appreciate your comments about our team and we will pass them along. We hope that you can join us again soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

This is the perfect hotel to launch your tour of some of DC's best attractions from. You can easily walk to all of the mall monuments and Smithsonian museums - just be sure to wear comfy shoes. The hotel has a lovely lobby - with complimentary coffee (better quality coffee than most). The rooms are large and our bathroom in the King room was huge and well-appointed. What set this hotel apart though was the great staff. They were always cheerful and happy to offer directions and recommendations. A special thank you to Clinton at the front desk who is knowledgeable and funny!

Stayed: March 2018

Hi Renee D, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy that you found our location to be convenient to the monuments. Thank you for your kind words about our team We will pass along your comments to our team and especially Clinton. We hope that you can join us again soon!