2,333 results
All reviews dupont circle memory foam dog park new hampshire small kitchenette keurig coffee maker u street corner room nice neighborhood wine hour quiet street safe neighborhood few blocks front desk staff embassy row sitting area adams morgan
Reviewed 6 February 2016

Had a one night get-away at the Carlyle (we're locals) to celebrate a birthday, and the hotel staff made it memorable: they helped with reservations at the hotel restaurant (more on that later); greeted us with a glass of wine at check-in, and provided a bottle of wine and fruit and cheese plate in our room (gratis). The rooms are small but pleasing, with very comfortable temperpedic beds and large screen tv's. The location is great - a wonderful neighborhood and walking distance to the metro, dupont circle, and the 14th street corridor. And the hotel restaurant -- the Riggsby -- is a destination in its own right. A great combination of classic and chic. Unless you have your heart set on staying closer to the museums or within a block of a metro station, this hotel should be at the top of your list.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Carlyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2016

Hi hoppyu,

I’m glad you had such a nice arrival experience, enjoyed our central location and had the opportunity to dine in our restaurant The Riggsby.

We look forward to your next staycation,

Reviewed 6 February 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Carlyle for a business/fun trip. We couldn't be more pleased! The staff was very friendly and so helpful. Our room was as cute as can be, with an amazing shower. Happy hour was included in the price of the room. We loved being close to the metro and close to some small, intimate restaurants. This is a place that I would recommend to family and friends.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Hi Adah L,

I’m glad you enjoyed our staff, accommodations and ideal Dupont Circle location.

Thanks for choosing us for your multi-purpose visit,

Reviewed 5 February 2016

We stayed at the Carlyle during the storm "Jonas". Everyone was friendly, helpful and so much fun to be around. I don't remember everyone's names, but the whole staff was super! Austin even helped introduce us to UBER, which we took advantage of. Sue was especially helpful on the front desk. Dawn was an excellent server in the restaurant, the Riggsby. We have no complaints with anyone or anything. We would definitely stay there again. We had a blast!!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Carlyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2016

Hi Ellen A,

I’m thrilled you had such a wonderful experience with us and there we so many stand out moments for you. We look forward to your next visit and hope it isn’t accompanied by 2 feet of snow.

Cheers,

Reviewed 4 February 2016

Let me start out by saying that I love the Kimpton chain in general. The service is always excellent, the rooms beautiful, and the cocktail hours are an added bonus. They also tend to have excellent cocktail bars...not excellent hotel bars...excellent bars. The Carlyle did not disappoint. We checked into a beautiful room and found a bottle of bubbly, birthday card, and decadent chocolate cake waiting. They just always go the extra mile.

I hadn't been to DC in quite a while, so i was excited to walk everywhere, and the location of the Carlyle is perfect for that. It was a short walk to all of the shops and restaurants on 14th St; just blocks from Dupont Circle and the Metro; and--depending upon the location of your room--also has a view of the Washington and Lincoln Monuments.

Then there's the food. We did happy hour at The Rigsby on the night we arrived (Thursday) and it was perfect. The drinks were delicious, the small plates were delicious. The Rigsby was also recently named one of the top restaurants in Dupont Circle, and as a top destination to try right now by DC Eater and Thrillest, so you don't have to take my word for it. You enter the restaurant through a keyhole shaped opening, and that basically sets the vibe for the whole place. The Rigsby gives the feeling of an old school supper club with fresh, local food and classic cocktails.

Did I mention that I received a thank you email after my stay?

To sum it all up...they're doing it right at The Carlyle.

Stayed: January 2016
1  Thank rugger4

Hello rugger4,

I am pleased you enjoyed your accommodations and your birthday surprise! I’m glad you made the most of our central location and had the opportunity to experience our restaurant The Riggsby.

We hope to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed 3 February 2016 via mobile

Book here if you want a great stay in DC. Staff are amazing, rooms are good and the free wine every night is a nice touch! The food in the restaurant is really good. No negatives whatsoever. If I'm ever back on DC, I'll be staying here definitely. Susu was really helpful.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends