The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$294
US$175
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$196
  • Pool
The Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington, D.C.(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$160
  • Bar/Lounge
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$458
US$192
  • Restaurant
Washington Plaza Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$125
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

US$195
US$170
  • Restaurant
One Washington Circle Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$154
  • Pool
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$255
US$226
  • Breakfast included
Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$98
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

2,767 results
All reviewswhite housefarragut north metroclassic hotelbeautiful hotelthe concierge loungebeautiful lobbydupont circleupgraded to a suitelocation is greatlobby barking bedmetro stopmini fridgeper dayvalet parkingfitness centerdowntown dc
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Checked in, got to my room (This Monday the 7th, for 4 nights). I was not happy when I got into my room and discovered that the Mayflower hotel does NOT have coffee makers or anyway to allow guests to have make coffee in their room. I was told by the staff that the fire code did NOT allow coffee makers in the individual rooms (I want to see the actual fire code). This means that there is no way to have coffee or tea unless you go down to Edgar's restaurant on the first floor for 'Complimentary" coffee or tea. I will test how easy this is later.
As far as housekeeping goes, the TV did not work (was told it was housekeeping's responsibility to report it), a left over laptop accessory in the drawer from another guest, a hair on the blanket on the shelf in the closet, two 'extra' facecloths (used) under the vanity sink in the bathroom (against the wall, hard to see I guess). I also found a nice nickel/quarter size hole in the middle of the sheet cover of the comforter ( See picture).
Also, this morning in the executive lounge, there was no hot coffee in the brewer, and the bowls on the table for guests to use, had some kind of food debris on them (indicated your dishwasher is not working correctly). After I checked the top 3 bowls and found them dirty, I placed them on the dirty tray, and gave up. I didn't want to go through all of them.
As a platinum member I travel A LOT. This hotel is NOT paying attention to cleanliness in both the rooms and the plates. Systemic cleanliness problem and training therefor is the conclusion that I have arrived at for this property.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Margaret G
suzannebutt, Guest Relations Manager at The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Margaret G,

Thank you for taking the time to provide the team at The Mayflower Hotel honest feedback during your stay.

On behalf of the Management Team, I would like to thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and for selecting to stay at The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection. I will be forwarding your comments to our staff and use this as a training opportunity to continue our strive for excellence in hospitality.

We do hope that you will allow us another opportunity in the future to redeem ourselves. Again, please accept my sincere apologies for missing the opportunity to showcase our iconic hotel.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

3 night stay in the heart of D.C.! Can't say enough good about this hotel and its staff...super friendly... greeted with a cupcake and a delightful Ice-T! Clean rooms... The rooms are small but not really small for DC. You are in the capital of the United States. So you have to expect limited space... tons of things close by ...right behind the hotel is the geography museum, lots of food places ...a great pasta place, seafood, and a couple of fast food places and you can always get a grab something to go at the CVS!
Free coffee in the lobby every morning and every evening!
I would definitely stay again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
suzannebutt, Guest Relations Manager at The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Greetings from The Mayflower KathleenK367!

Thank you for taking the time to remark on your stay at The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection.

The Mayflower stands proudly in both the heart of Washington, D.C. and the world,
and continues to be a renowned and iconic landmark. As the city’s stage for almost a century, this is the place where Washington power and after hours intersect.

Thank you for selecting to stay at The Mayflower, we hope to be your hotel of choice during your next destination to our Nation's Capital.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Guess I'm a bit of a sucker for historic properties. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Mayflower, not having stayed there since its 2015 renovation. The Congressional Suites are spacious and the staff attentive. Late checkout was graciously offered.The Executive lounge was well appointed although a bit crowded at breakfast.We were in town for a concert at the Verizon Center and given the traffic on our way there we may opt for a closer hotel next time, solely for reasons of geographical convenience. However the service at the Mayflower makes me think twice.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
suzannebutt, Guest Relations Manager at The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Greetings Paul B,

The Mayflower Hotel effortlessly blends historic traditions and modern luxury here in the heart of the Nation's Capital. Thank you for your kind accolades and for once again selecting to stay at The Mayflower!

We like to begin by designing the stay around our guests, with a stellar destination and to introduce you to the hotels historic past. The commitment to our guests remains steadfast and genuine-and our hospitality will always continue to honor the timeless elegance of our storied service.

On behalf of the General Manager, we do hope to be your hotel of choice during your next visit to Washington, DC. Thank you for your loyalty to the brand, The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2017

The Mayflower is one of several Marriott-Owned Hotels that are part of the Marriott Vacation Club- Pulse program and we stayed there using that program. The Mayflower completely met our expectations and provided a central location for visits to the White House, Smithsonian museums and monuments in the National Mall. There were also plenty of restaurants and upscale bars within walking distance and the Metro station was practically next door. Will definitely make plans to stay here again when visiting the DC area.

Room Tip: Appears that accommodations for Marriott Vacation Club - Pulse program is on the 7th floor.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear TimeshareownerX2,

We love to hear back from our guests who experience the time honored tradition of The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the numerous destinations in our Nation's Capital. Our central location has been a part of the city center since 1925 and we thank you for selecting to stay with us and experience our storied service.

Thank your for your loyalty to the brand. We will look forward to your next visit to The Mayflower Hotel!

Wishing you continued safe travels!

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

A classic hotel with a rich history that has been recently updated. Service was good but not overbearing. Quiet room with a distinctive layout and treatment. It was a time for family gathering and celebration for us, and the hotel worked beautifully into our plans. Great access to a number of museums, restaurants, DuPont Circle, the White House, etc. Parking is tricky and something I would have avoided if I had not needed a car. We certainly will return in the future.
Cheers!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank TraveledMilesPerHour
suzannebutt, Guest Relations Manager at The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Good Day TraveledMilesPerHour,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection. Since 1925, the hotel remains an iconic destination and we were delighted to be a part of your family reunion.

Thank you for selecting The Mayflower Hotel, a Washington, D.C. original since 1925. We look forward to inspiring you to become part of our community of loyal followers.

Warmest regards,