US$283
US$275
  • Restaurant
Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$130
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$167/night.

Hamilton Hotel Washington DC(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$109
Official Website
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

US$180
US$154
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$260/night.

Washington Plaza Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$125
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$176/night.

The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$194
Dupont Circle
  • Restaurant
One Washington Circle Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$114
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$162/night.

The Wink(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$113
The Wink Hotel
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

The River Inn(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$125
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$177/night.

Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$144
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$195/night.

4,650 results
All reviewsdupont circlewine hourwine receptionexecutive kinganimal print robescomplimentary wineyoga mathuge roomphillips collectioneach eveningoutdoor poolfront desk staffmini barloved this hotelembassy rowmetro stationwhite house
Reviewed 8 September 2009

I loved everything about this hotel, from the decor (contemporary) to the location (Dupont Circle-easy to get to sights via Metro) to the helpfulness of the staff (gave us advice and directions daily) to the free daily happy hour (can't go wrong with free booze) to the cleanliness (spotless bathrooms) . Would definitely recommend it. Also stayed at the Palomar in LA recently and had a similar experience.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Kimpton_DC, Reservations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2009

Hello Sek86,

Thanks for staying with us. I am glad that you loved everything about our hotel from the décor, location to the staff. Everyone will be pleased that they were able to make your stay memorable. Please come back again soon!

Reviewed 6 September 2009

The hotel is kept well and in modern deco. Rooms are comfy, clean and well equipped. We were surprised that there was even a swimming pool. Good location too at the heart of Dupond Circle. No hassle at all, very pleased.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Hello lwang,

Thanks for staying with us. I am glad that you liked the modern décor and the rooms. I hope that you were able to make use of the pool too. Please come back again soon!

Reviewed 6 September 2009

This was definitely a five star experience for the price of a four star hotel. Located five minutes from Dupont Circle the location is great. As for the hotel, the rooms are huge (over 600 square feet) and beautifully appointed as is the bathroom. There are also lots of extras including leopard print bathrobes, turn-down service, daily papers, etc. What truly impressed though was the personalized care. Upon arrival I was greeting with a personal note and snack welcoming be to another Kimpton Hotel (I had stayed at another previously). And, while I was less than happy with the staff member at check in the rest were great. Moreover, and this says everything about the hotel, a day after submitting an online survey noting this I received an email apology from the manager. I never expect a response or even action from those surveys but the people beyond this hotel seem to really care about the experience of their guests. They've fully earned my high praise here and I'll definitely be returning!
Also, it's a pet friendly hotel but if, like me, you suffer from allergies, they have non-pet floors.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business

I am glad that we provided 5 star experience for a 4 star hotel. I see that what stood out was the personalized care you received. This is a hallmark of our hotel. I am sorry about your check in was less desirable but I am glad the other managers were responsive. Thank you for staying and please come back again.

Reviewed 2 September 2009

We had different choices but I wanted to try the KIMPTON since everybody seems to rave about it and I never managed to stay in one despite our extensive travels (see other reviews).
First of all, they do rate themselves as kid friendly - besides the ONE Wii in the lobby during wine hour (only 5-6pm if you happen to be in the hotel)
there were absolutely no sign of kids friendliness - it certainly is PET friendly.
No COOKIES, no HI how are you upon check-in, no crayons in URBANA-NOTHING!
We liked:
*Great Location. Right off Dupont circle, it is a beautiful neighborhood with great restaurants nearby
*Hotel room is nicely decorated and spacious, we stayed in QUEEN Deluxe.

Customer Service mostly not evident:
* EXEC King Cat was booked, paid $ 30 more than for the 2 Queen Beds Deluxe upon booking. In a phone conversation w/ front desk before arrival I was assured to get EXEC King w/ an add cot in our room upon arrival. When we arrived we were told to be much more comfortable in the Queen Room (guess they were fully booked on the EXC King) - when I enquired about the add charge I had paid upon booking I was told the rates do flucuate the whole time and the diff would be only $ 10.00 - which of course still was not adjusted upon check out! When insisting on the booked room category we were reluctantly led to a room RIGHT across from the elevator w/ a connecting door w/ a loud BARKING DOG on the other side - of course we then decided to stay in the Queen Room instead of. When we requested a cot we were told policy is to pay $ 25.00 EXTRA - I could not believe it. When we booked the Queen Room was $ 30 less than the Exec KING - I booked (and paid) the King, got the Queen and they asked for EXTRA fees??? Very unprofessional...
* Second morning loud drilling noise woke us up - front desk told us some work has to be done close to our room. The mgr offered finally free bfst and a drink which was appreciated. However, considering the struggle with our room category we felt there should be more compensation
*The pool was in a nice setting but very small; life-guard was reading his book the whole time never paying any attention to the kids in the pool. When I asked him if the chairs are all in use (seemed people had left w/out taking their towels) he responded that it's not his job to remove them - is it mine? ...and continued reading

* Lighting is HORRIBLE.;besides the bathroom, the light was dark and dingy - no light in the closet - had to pull the suitcase out everytime I needed something.
* Read about the extras for kids - no complimentary cookie/ milk also it would have ben a nice gesture for our 2 children.

The hotel is hip and we liked the decor; however, with great deals on third party websites we certainly could have done better in a 4* chain hotel with adequate service in the same area for less money.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Thomas_Fraher, Hotel Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2009

Prior to viewing this TripAdvisor posting, the Hotel Palomar reached out to borntoexplore to offer an apology for the issues encountered during the stay and has provided a refund for a portion of the stay. We appreciate all guest feedback as it provides the Hotel Palomar DC with the information needed to improve upon the services we provide.

Thomas Fraher
Hotel Palomar

Reviewed 31 August 2009

What a beautiful hotel. I would like the decorator to come to my house. Very luxurious and hip. Outstanding decor detail. We had a huge room, with nice little touches such as a top notch blow dryer, a top notch iron, robes. Very quiet hotel. Front desk staff very friendly, helpful. We will definitely stay here again. I only have one issue - we were not advised of the happy hour that happens, until we stumbled into it one day. The front desk staff was apologetic, and made up for this omission. Also, although we did check in with children, we were unsure of what age the Kimpton Kids amenities fall into (i.e. the milk and cookies mentioned in one other traveller's review). Perhaps our kids were too old (6, 11, 14). I loved the Kimpton chain so much, I checked into other cities where they are located!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Kimpton_DC, Reservations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2009

Hello Pammat,

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad that you liked the hotel. It is beautiful and part of that comes from the art theme behind this property. We like to think of our story as art in motion and you can see that in the design features you are talking about. Thank you for staying and please come back again!