4,711 results
All reviews dupont circle wine hour wine reception executive king animal print robes complimentary wine yoga mat huge room phillips collection each evening outdoor pool front desk staff mini bar loved this hotel embassy row metro station white house
Reviewed 20 July 2012

This hotel has great service, location, beds, rooms, restaurant and prices. We were greeted at the door and desk by friendly professionals. The room was very clean and large. The bed was comfortable, firm but not too firm. We had a motion room. The room spanned the width of the hotel so it had windows onto both the pool and street. It was very quiet. The spa tub was huge! They provided bath salts every day. We ate one dinner at the restaurant and it was superb. We liked our 5 breakfasts but nothing to write home about. The metro is about 2 blocks from the hotel. There is a great pizza place up one block across from the QVC. Also, the crepe place across the street is good. My husband and I loved our stay at this modern yet friendly hotel.

Room Tip: Join the hotels In-Touch program to get free internet. It's free!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
hotelmanager_9, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Dear wanttoseetheworld65,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the world travelers. I was so happy to read that you felt a high level of care throughout. We love to hear that. We hope to see you again soon. Best wishes, Stephane

Reviewed 18 July 2012

I really cannot believe this place. We booked three rooms. A King Spa Room, A Spa Suite and a Superior Suite. Upon arrival, they explained that the downgrade we had agreed to in order to stay on the same floor was not possible due to a mistake They were sorry and understood. So we accepted a downgrade (for the same money) for a benefit they offered to provide; we did not get it, nor did we get the money back. They fixed this the following day. So far, so bad but, please believe us:

- Spa Rooms (both) with NO HOT WATER ON THE "HOT" TUB (a maintenance person claimed the boiler wasn't working correctly. Genius!)
- Our floor (4th) smelled like human feces, especially on the hallways. (a maintenance person checked this and agreed we needed to complain... after we did, of course. No solution.)
- Rooms were dirty and dusty when we arrived and housekeeping services were a joke; they hardly made the beds, and wouldn't even pick up things from the floor, nor throw away empty cans or melted ice. We complained but... nothing. Dog hairs on our chaise long, dust everywhere, etc. Things we took from the minibar were not replaced in three nights.
- Rooms are ultra dark, and the only way to light them up is to turn on 10+ little lamp switches.

Location is great, which makes running away from the mess easier.

Upon departure, we complained in detail about all these issues. "I'm sorry to hear this was all e got as an answer".

Anyway. All this wasn't enough to spoil Washington for us. What a great city!

Conclusion:
I DO recommend visiting Washington.
I DON'T recommend staying at the Palomar.

Edward, Boston MA

6  Thank Eduardo B

Dear Eduardo B,

Ouch - sounds like we really blew it. I am so sorry! You should always receive the level of service you expect during your stay with us. I would love to speak with you personally about your visit and where we dropped the ball. Our conversation will help me give our team the training, support and direction it needs to exceed our guests' expectations moving forward. We really want to win you over. Thanks again for choosing our hotel Eduardo B. Best wishes, Stephane

Reviewed 18 July 2012

My daughter and I stayed at Hotel Palomar Washington DC (Dupont Circle) for a total of two nights in July of 2012.

It was a perfectly fine stay. The staff were great, and greeted us warmly and efficiently. I was impressed to hear one of the staff using excellent French to converse with the French-Canadian couple checking in ahead of me. He jokingly challenged me to give it a whirl and I managed not to embarrass myself too much (at least that's the impression he gave). Merci!

The hotel itself actually struck me as a bit dated. Some of the furnishings and trim looked a little worn, moreso than I would have expected. But to be fair it's also a very busy place so maybe that makes some maintenance issues a bit more of a challenge. The room we had was equipped with one very comfortable king bed and was generously proportioned. No view to speak of but we didn't spend a lot of time in the room anyways so it didn't matter. The AC was effective, an important consideration given the smokin' hot (and humid) weather.

This hotel is located near Dupont Circle. I was told by hotel staff that it'd be less than $10 to get a cab to/from Union Station, but $15 was actually what it turned out to be. Not a big deal, but just something to be aware of. There are many interesting little restaurants in the same block as the hotel, serving everything from Afghan fare to sushi and lots in between. Probably one of the most fun one was Bagel's Etc, right across the street. If you want to see 'bagels etc' dished out at hyperspeed this is the place to go. In the Dupont Circle area itself (a block or two away) there are many more interesting establishments. With respect to other venues, it took us about 30 min to walk to the National Zoo but there were fun things to look at on the way. If you've got younger kids, though, consider a bus or a cab...it's mostly uphill.

Access to the Mall and the tourist highlights was easy using the subway station located at Dupont Circle. Have a look at the transit web site first so that you learn a bit about it, as I ended up spending money on a "fare card" when I should've bought a "SmartTrip card". Not a big deal, but save yourself the aggravation. The metro was generally efficent but ensure you have a system map with you as the routes are not well marked in the trains themselves and the drivers seem to mumble a lot, so it can be a question as to where one is and/or going. But...once you get that figured out staying in the Dupont Circle area won't be an issue.

Enjoy your stay...we did.

1  Thank Wopmay

Dear Wopmay,

We are so happy that you enjoyed the vibe of the neighborhood and the great service at the hotel. Thank you so much for a great review. I will be sure to share it with the team. We wish you a great summer and hope to see you again soon. Best wishes, Stephane

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Wife and I stay here everytime we're in DC to visit friends and family - at least 3-4 times/year. Staff/concierge are very friendly and helpful. Lobby has coffee in the morning and wine hour in the afternoon. Rooms are good size with nice furnishings and comfortable beds. We liked their pillows so much we bought some from the kimpton website.

Location is great - Dupont/Adams Morgan/U street/Georgetown all walkable. Have even walked from here to the Mall - about 45 mins. Dupont circle Metro is very close. Plenty of good restaurants & coffeeshops nearby. Parking is a snap, valets are good and fast but pricey (like everywhere else).

Kimpton's our new "go to" brand when traveling, and this is still the best we've stayed in. Have tried many other hotels in DC, and this is the tops for us.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kayakermike
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We just came back from DC past week. We stay at Palomar because of the excellent reviews on Trip advisor. And we really loved it!! The service at the hotel was fantastic. It was a special trip because of the 15th b-day of one of my sons and we asked before our arrival for adjacent rooms so we can be together with our two sons. And Clayton from the front office really make it special. Great adjacent rooms with great views, he even send my son b-day cupcakes!!
Also Philip, the concierge help us a lot with tours and restaurants reservations.
We have breakfast every morning at the hotel restaurant, some days, the continental buffet, other days a la carte. Both great and with excellent service. Also we have some room service, and again, excellent and fast service.
The hotel is pet friendly, and there wasn´t any animal odor, or barking
The Palomar is in fantastic location. Many options for breakfast, lunch or dinner. CVS and Walgreens walking distance. Very short cab trip to Downtown, Memorials, Museums, Georgetown, Amtrak Station.
When we return to DC, we will definitely stay at Palomar again. We loved it!!!

Room Tip: Ask for high floor with nice view.

Dear Lorena G,

Thanks you so much for your kind comments. We are really lucky to have Philip on our team. His care and attention to details is certainly an asset. We are thrilled you chose our hotel and had a great time. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon. Best wishes, Stephane