4,711 results
All reviews dupont circle wine hour wine reception executive king animal print robes complimentary wine yoga mat huge room phillips collection each evening outdoor pool front desk staff mini bar loved this hotel embassy row metro station white house
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We had such a fantastic experience at this hotel! We drove into DC in the middle of the night, and there was a problem with our original reservation at another hotel across town. We found the Palomar on google maps, called, and luckily they had rooms and are pet friendly. When we arrived, they immediately took care of our bags and car, and welcomed us with our dog (who is medium sized, about 40 lbs; it's not always easy to find a hotel that completely welcomes larger than the "toy" breeds). The hotel was spotless, you'd never know it was dog friendly, apart from the water dishes by the check-in desk. Our room was fantastic; big posh bed with comfy bedding, superbly clean, and gorgeous bathroom and overall decor.

The location of the hotel is awesome - a quick walk to all the site of the city, plus cool restaurants and bars in dupont circle. We would stay at this hotel if in the area again, without a doubt. Kimpton knows how to take care of guests in style!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
hotelmanager_9, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Dear Andrea S,

Thank you so much for finding us! I was so happy to read that we delivered the level of service we are so well known for. Thank you for your kind remarks -- they will be shared with our staff.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

I've stayed in this hotel a few times now for business, always a great experience. Area is great too, nice variety of restaurants within a few minutes' walk.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2012

My family has stayed at this location several times and I would highly recommend it. This hotel understands customer service and that the little things count. Every employee is friendly and helpful and willing to help any guest. We love eating at the restaurant and really love the daily happy hour! The rooms are comfortable and clean. The location is close to Dupont Circle, the train, and several restaurants.

Room Tip: Sign up free to be a Kimpton Rewards member to make a great stay even better.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear M O,

Thank you so much for being a loyal fan and for taking the time to share your review. The next time you are back in town, let me know. I would love the chance to thank you in person.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

The room is open and roomy; however, the "fresh" friuts on the tray were old. The strawberry's stem are all dried out. There were treats for the dogs, but not for the kids. The services are excellent. The restuarant in the labby had great food and service. During our stay the elevator took a long time. If you have kids think twice, but if you have a pet you may want to come.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear flyonwheels,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your recent Washington DC getaway. I am sorry that the fruit we sent wasn't fresh. We will make sure not to preset fresh fruit too early in the day to guarentee its freshness. We have now a fun way of welcoming kids to the hotel as well. I hope you will give us another chance and enjoy some of the adjustments we have made.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

we always try to stay in a Kimpton hotel on our travels, the staff were great, I came in on a hot day and the concierge immediately got me ice cold water. I was upgraded to a spacious suite, and as usual the happy hour was very good, and very well attended. My friend had never stayed in a Kimpton Hotel before and is now a convert!

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends