1,964 results
All reviews dupont circle red theme white house funky hotel bunk beds whole foods wine hour raid the mini bar complimentary wine front desk staff continental breakfast room was large valet parking national mall metro station kimpton lobby
Reviewed 12 June 2016

Booked a last minute deal and the Rouge delivered. Great staff and fun bar. Comfortable bed. Extremely hot water in the shower. Can I complain about the water being too hot? Never mind.

My room was next to the elevator but it didn't hear it at all. In fact, I think that's why my room was so big. I'd definitely stay again.

Thanks Tiara for the great check in!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2016

I stayed here before and enjoyed it so I decided to stay there again. Another great stay!!! First of all, you can't beat the location. A short walk from Dupont Circle and the Metro Station. Plenty of good restaurants close by. Staff was friendly and helpful. The wine reception at 5:00 was also a nice touch. Rooms were good size. Would stay there again if I make it to Washington DC.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

Small out of the way hotel. The desk had a couple of rude people. Cleaning staff was great..room VERY clean..some of the furniture had cigarette burns on them. Seems to attract seedy people. The guy that was working the bar was rude..guess this may just be a DC thing??

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2016

First, the good:

I was able to get a room at $160/night, through hotels.com, for three nights through the fourth of July to take my daughter to our nation's capital for the fireworks on the Mall. Was really happy about that. It was like George Washington's ghost was shooting lightening bolts into my computer.

I love Kimpton hotels and being outside of the main sphere of activity and this was what I was looking for. There were similarly low rates all many of the more expensive hotels for the weekend, but I chose this hotel for what it was.

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. They showed me where I needed to go in the city and made a great dining recommendation (Georgia Brown's!).

The location was fantastic. You can practically see the White House from outside, down the hill, and if you walk behind the hotel and around the corner about 3/4 of a mile, there are some great local dining spots. You are within walking distance of the metro.

HOWEVER: I am a fan of Kimpton, but this hotel and my room were starting to show their cracks. This hotel was not the quality that I would expect from a Kimpton nor at these price points. The building interior showed wear, as did the room and bathroom, which was impossibly small and stiflingly hot. I didn't want to shower, it was so bad. I would pay no more than $160 a night to stay here.

That said, I did not pay $160/night to stay here. I knew this up front. The $40/night parking was what really took this review down. What really burned was that they offered free overnight parking for cars that were red (rouge). My blue car was charged $120 extra. On top of that, I was given a room that overlooked the alleyway nook where my car was parked for three days. At that point, the kitsch started insulting me.

That said, if you are staying here and getting a rental, GET A RED CAR.

Before you say, well, you can't beat a rate like that-- keep in mind that rates all over the area were similarly low. I chose this hotel because it was Kimpton, and because I like to be set back a little ways from the action. I could have stayed at the Hamilton at that time for under $300 a night. I believe I should have.

I would *not* pay more than $200 *total,* if nothing else were available, to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2016

All Kimptom hotels make you feel special but The Rouge went above and beyond to welcome us. We had a huge, spacious room and enjoyed the wine reception in the afternoon. When you walk through the lobby the staff always inquires about your day. If you are a Karma rewards member the wifi is free and fast! I can always count on a Kimptom to be clean and accommodating.

Room Tip: They have rooms for a family with bunkbeds for the kids.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family