7,817 results
All reviewsopen cityrobert's restaurantrock creek parkbeautiful hotelwoodley parkwalk in closetmetro stationadams morganoutdoor poolan older hotellarge hotelvalet parkingfitness centerdc areadupont circlenational mallzoo
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Begged my husband to stay here as I have loved other Omni's. Room's very dated. torn curtains. Coffee pot didn't work. Bed was comfy. Closet huge. Disgusting bathrooms. Mold, soap scum, ants, and a rotting ceiling. I took pictures to send corporate. Horrible front desk staff. Rude, unfriendly, and act like there time is being wasted with every minute they spend helping you. Same with the staff by the Pool/fitness area. I was going to order my son a scoop of Ice cream for room service, but after the $7.50 price tag then the delivery fee, and the gratuity added to you bill it was going to cost like $20.00!? I don't mind paying for something that is worth it but unless you were milking the cow and churning the cream downstairs, that is ridiculous. We ended up eating at the local restaurants during our stay instead. The door men and cleaning crew should all get raises. Aside from that I will never stay at an Omni again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank davidsN3284KK
ShorehamExecTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Dear davidsN3284KK,

Thank you for being our guest and for sharing your experience from your recent stay.
I am sorry to hear we didn't exceed your expectations as we strive to do with every guest. A member of our management team tried to contact you by email earlier this week without response. If easier, please contact us directly at the hotel to discuss your stay further. Thank you for your business as it was greatly appreciated and we look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I was there for a conference. There were stairs to contend with for disabled persons. This is an older hotel and not quite as convenient for those requiring accessible features. On the whole a good experience in an elegant setting. Staff was gracious and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear Gail K,

Thank you for choosing the Omni Shoreham and for sharing your experience from your recent stay! We are appreciative of your kind comments and happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for your business and we hope to welcome you back to the Shoreham when you are in the District again.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Great location,easy to get around town from the airport to the hotel by train,never needed a car . Great place to stay .the restaurant and room service was excellent, and we had great little places around the hotel to eat.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear wayned747,

Reviewed 11 July 2017

the hotel was good and nice and very clean. The only thing I didn't like was that there was only valet parking and it cost $49.00 a night. Wishing there was other options for parking. Hotel workers were very friendly and kind. Over all good experience.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear jeffsT278ZZ,

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Disappointed with our 3 night stay. The lock on our door wasn't functioning properly. Spent several hours over the course of 2 days trying to get it fixed. Staff at the reception desk continued to claim we had magnetized the key card and kept giving us new keys. Security reprogrammed the lock a couple times and replaced the batteries. Engineering also made an appearance but didn't do anything. While waiting to get into my room (multiple occasions), I was late for a conference, missed a conference networking event, and missed out on some sight seeing. I also stood in the hallway for 15 minutes waiting for security to unlock the door with a soaking wet (from the pool) toddler who was shivering. The room was located in the "new" section of the hotel which is a 5 min walk from reception. So every time I had to deal with the lock issue, I either had to make the trek to the desk or stand in the hallway waiting for someone to come. This happened 6 times! We were given a $25 food and beverage credit (which didn't even pay for 2 desserts) and wasn't nearly compensation for dealing with the malfunctioning door lock. On top of all this, our room had not been vacuumed as there was food and a used bandaid on the floor when we first entered. When I asked maintenance to check the cooler because it wasn't cold, we were told it would only keep things cold, it wouldn't make them cold, so we also had warm drinks for our stay (since the ice machine didn't work either). Won't be staying here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear kates2328,

Thank you for choosing the Omni Shoreham and for sharing your experience of your recent stay. I want to apologize for the challenges you experienced with your keys during your stay and that you were unable to enjoy your time with us. We strive to treat every one of our guests to an exceptional stay and we clearly missed the mark with you. Please reach out to us directly at the hotel so that we can make this right with you. Thank you again for your business and I look forward to hearing from you.