All reviews m club business wing illy coffee concierge lounge foggy bottom huge tv elite member on demand renovated room nice gym lobby restaurant lobby level front desk staff attended a conference self park bathroom door exercise room
Reviewed 29 October 2018

initially put on 3rd floor, asked for quieter room, got placed on 8th floor, very quiet, great staff. Room is standard marriot fare, basic bathroom amenities, comfortable sheets and beds, plenty of USB plugs. Every person I met that worked there was friendly and attentive.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ponderosa_pining
TeamMarriott, Manager at Washington Marriott Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Dear ponderosa_pining,

Thank you for evaluating your stay at the Washington Marriott Georgetown. It's great knowing we could provide you with a restful retreat in our intuitively designed, newly renovated accommodations, brimming with amenities. We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back soon for another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 28 October 2018

I stayed at Georgetown Marriott for three days & two nights. During my staff, I called the operator and asked if housekeeping could refresh my room (I was in my room during normal service hours). First, the operator was not empathetic or accommodating at all. Hotel housekeeping was not available after 4pm or 5pm. So at the very least, I asked for more towels. And my towels never came!

Then on my second night, I called to order room service at 11:04pm and I just missed the room service cut off time at 11:00pm. Room service staff answered my call but was adamant on their 11:00pm cut off time. Which I can understand, but what happened later was absolutely ridiculous. They referred me to the front desk for evening snacks. I called the front desk and I ordered a small snack and the front desk said that I have to go to the front desk to pick it up. No where on the menu does is specify that it has to be picked up at the front desk. So I went to the front desk to pick up a sandwich and hummus, but by the time I got their they only had hummus. Its apparently on a first come first serve basis, yet again another important fact that was not stated on their menu (nor did the front desk person tell me this when I spoke with her to place my order.

Service in the lobby bar/lounge is extremely slow and staff is inattentive. We had to get the servers' attention to order our food, replenish water, and order more drinks.

I visited the DC area a week after my stay at the Marriott and I decided to stay at the Fairmont just two blocks away. That was a far better hotel choice.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Director of Operations at Washington Marriott Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2018

Dear Carlita,
We appreciate your candid comments about your stay at our hotel. It is truly disappointing to read your feedback, and we apologize for your less than stellar visit. Our team prides itself on delivering exceptional service and we are truly sorry this was not your experience with us. Rest assured that we take these reviews seriously and then fine-tune procedures to help ensure we do not repeat mistakes moving forward. Thank you for letting us know where improvements are needed and we hope you will consider giving us another chance so we can make this up to you the next time you are in the DC area.

Reviewed 25 October 2018

Easy walk to Metro, Georgetown and DuPont Circle. Nicely renovated room. Bathrooms are small but nicely equipped. There is an onsite restaurant. The staff are very helpful. The property is well maintained and clean. Lots of good restaurants close by.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at Washington Marriott Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Dear dcfiread,

Thank you for choosing the Washington Marriott Georgetown during your visit to our nation's capital! We appreciate you sharing how much you enjoyed our terrific location nearby many restaurants, shops and nightlife in Georgetown and Dupont Circle. It was our pleasure serving you, and we hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2018

We were there for 4 nights which gave us good insight into this hotel. The front desk staff was professional and helpful; specifically, Lyn and Cheryl. The recent renovation is done tastefully. Our room was large and comfortable. The location was perfect for us; near restaurants and upscale food stores. There were a number of emergency vehicles that drove by each night with their sirens blaring. But, you can't fault the hotel for that. Overall, it was a very nice place to be for the 5 days we were in Washington.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
TeamMarriott, Manager at Washington Marriott Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Dear mazel38,

Thank you for staying at the Washington Marriott Georgetown. We are delighted you enjoyed our comfortable accommodations and courteous service. I’ll be sure to share your compliments with my team, especially Lyn & Cheryl. It is also great to read our location was perfect for your needs. It was our pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

We stayed here while at a college reunion. It was perfectly suited for our events and everything we wanted to do in DC. The lobby-cafe was a great space to meet and linger with friends. The menu there was not elaborate but the food was way above ordinary, and so was the service. One evening when we met up with family, that same space and a delicious meal there was just what we needed for a great visit. Our room was large, attractive, and very clean. Housekeeping responded quickly and cheerfully to anything extra we wanted (such as a vase for a flower gift, or plates and forks for a birthday cake). In general we found all the personnel extremely capable and very pleasant.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
TeamMarriott, Manager at Washington Marriott Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Dear CheetosBurlingtonWI,

Thank you for choosing the Washington Marriott Georgetown while here for a college reunion. We are thrilled to read our hotel was perfect for your needs and that you enjoyed our courteous service and comfortable accommodations. It is also nice to read you had a great time at our lobby. It was our pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.