1,507 results
All reviews harry's bar white house national mall ford's theater old post office metro center station smithsonian museums older hotel fantastic location pennsylvania avenue beds were comfortable major attractions within easy walking distance water pressure lincoln memorial harriets refrigerator
Reviewed 6 December 2014

This hotel is in an excellent location - the Whitehouse is within walking distance and the monuments are a bit further on from the Whitehouse.

However, for the price we paid to stay here, we would have paid a little bit extra to stay somewhere much nicer. The hotel is run down, the rooms are small and mouldy, and the bathroom is tiny. We could not open more than one suitcase at a time, and even when we did open it, there was only enough room to open it on the bed. The pillows were hard so you might like to bring your own. Staff are unfriendly and unwelcoming, and I only asked a total of two questions the entire time, as each time I asked, I was made to feel like an idiot. Not a pleasant stay at all.

We were woken up in the middle of the night EACH NIGHT FOR OUR ENTIRE WEEK'S STAY with the sounds of sirens going past.

A wonderful thing - the housekeeping staff member was a lovely, friendly, warm and welcoming woman! She always asked us how our day was when she saw us and wished us all the best for our plans. She was lovely! Perhaps the concierge and bell desk staff could take lessons from her. She was outstanding!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marie D
AnnTerryGM, General Manager at Hotel Harrington, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2015

Marie D

I am so disappointed to hear that our front desk staff was anything but friendly, I wish you had asked to speak to a Manager because we pride ourselves on how friendly we are. If you would like to contact me I would appreciate your feedback in more detail. I am very happy to hear that the housekeeping staff made your day, I hope you reported to the housekeeper or the front desk of the issues described in your review. We always take guest complaints seriously and always appreciate guests bringing any problems with their rooms to our attention. We hope that you would give our hotel another chance and if you have any problems please call me. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 30 November 2014

Like many others here, i enjoyed my stay at the hotel with a group. It has been said here many times, and it is true, the location of this hotel is outstanding... Can't be beat... The atmosphere in the hotel is lively, due to the diner and bar on site for those looking to have a good time, yet relaxing and quiet for those winding down at the end of a day of business or sightseeing. Being the longest running hotel in Washington, yes, the building is aged, however I only saw it as added character, never as being run down. I reminisce on my stay in Washington often, and I can't wait to go back. When I do, I'll be staying at the Hotel Harrington.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kyle l

kyle

Thank you so much for staying at the Hotel and being a repeat guest, we are so happy that our clientele come back year after year and find us to be your hotel of choice. We look forward to your next stay and thank you for choosing Hotel Harrington and giving such a positive review.

Reviewed 26 November 2014 via mobile

I was here for a school group trip and we stayed here for three nights. I thought the hotel was nice for its age and I liked the fact of how old it looked. The only problem that I had was that when I tryed to charge my phone the plugin sorta fell out of the wall. My group stayed in rooms on the 3rd floor where our room had 5 beds in them. One night we ate in the meeting room. It look old but was nice. The beds were comfortable. The stairwell to the fire escape was creepy but cool. Over I liked it and enjoyed it. I also liked the gift shop in the lobby. The man running it was nice and kind. I also liked the resteruant "Ollies Trolly" which is in the building. If your with a group I would recamend staying here.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Zackattack1001

Zackattack1001

Thanks for your positive review of our hotel, we service a lot of groups throughout the year and we are happy to hear that you thought our hotel was "cool". We think the groups that come here year after year are "cool" as well and we look forward tp them coming every year.

Hope to see you again, Ann

Reviewed 21 November 2014 via mobile

The Harrington is the longest continuously running hotel in DC. And it shows. The rooms, even the deluxe suite I was in, are old, rundown and a little mouldy. This say said, you don't stay here for the rooms. You stay here for the location. You are two blocks from The White House. You are a five minute walk from parts odd the Smithsonian. You are ten minutes walk from the Washington monument. Such an awesome location and so well connected to transport. The service was friendly and Yolanda, a fixture for over thirty years, is a gem at Reception.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank DanteJ5

Dante J

Thanks for your review, I will be sure to let Yolanda know that you appreciated her service at the front desk. Many of our employees have been working here for over 30 years and we take pride in providing outstanding service. I hope that if you reported to our staff any problems you may have had in your room so we could address them. Thanks so much for choosing the Hotel Harrington and we hope that you will come visit us again.

Reviewed 20 November 2014

I just could not believe the poor level of infrastructure of this hotel. I don't think that 170 USD per night is cheap. I would pay 40 a night at the most. After check in, I spent 45 minutes in my room, in absolute shock, then left in panic to a friend's house at 11 pm on a Sunday. The bar downstairs was also awful, food gave me an aching stomach. Avoid it at all costs.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Luis E

Hello Luis E

I'm sorry that you didn't like our hotel and I'm not sure if another room would have made you feel any better but if you would like to call me I would be interested in knowing what it was about the room you got that you didn't like.

All the best, Ann