“Thai food Heaven!”
Review of Soi 38

Soi 38
Reserve with OpenTable
Soi 38 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #258 of 3,342 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

I love Thai food and since we moved to the US I've missed good authentic Thai food the way we used to have them in Bangkok. Well, that longing was incredibly satisfied tonight. Happy to have tried Soi 38! The steamed rockfish (Pla Neung Manos) with chili and lemongrass sauce was exactly how I used to like it in Bangkok - it made my eyes water and my nose run from the spiciness but I loved every bite! We also had the flash fried pork belly (kana moo krob), crispy roasted duck (ped krob) and the slow roasted pork (gaeng hang lay) and they were all superb! The Thai ice tea also had chili honey which added a nice kick to the drink. And oh the mango sticky rice brought me back to the streets of Bangkok! Pure heaven! Definitely a must try for Thai food devotees!

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

I ate amazing street food on the famous Soi 38 in Bangkok so when I saw there was a restaurant named after this famous street I had to try it. While they had the typical Thai dishes like pad Thai and pad see ew, they also have more unusual dishes like some northern spicy salads and some dry curries. Service was great too.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I love Asian food and am always happy to enjoy some and was quite happy with everything I ate here. They have an impressive cocktail and wine list and there are a lot of fun finds on their menu. Plenty of fusion as well as more traditional dishes to enjoy and they're serious about gluten free options. The space is always lovely.

Reviewed 8 April 2017

Four of us had a lovely dinner, starting with very fresh summer rolls. I had the crispy duck which was excellent. The mango sticky rice was as good as what I've gotten in Bangkok and it was a real treat. My big complaint, however, was the incredibly slow service. The waitress was rarely in the dining room so we couldn't even catch her eye to signal we needed something. At one point, my colleague had to get up and find someone to tell that we needed something. I usually complain that service is rushed and I like a slower service, but this was extremely and at times painfully slow.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

Nice decor and very good quality food; they have a number of different options not seen on every Thai restaurant menu in DC. Good flavors in their dishes, not just heat (but you can get "Thai hot" too!).