“Good Food with Slow Service”
Review of Soi 38

Soi 38
Reserve with OpenTable
Soi 38 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #258 of 3,342 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 April 2017

Four of us had a lovely dinner, starting with very fresh summer rolls. I had the crispy duck which was excellent. The mango sticky rice was as good as what I've gotten in Bangkok and it was a real treat. My big complaint, however, was the incredibly slow service. The waitress was rarely in the dining room so we couldn't even catch her eye to signal we needed something. At one point, my colleague had to get up and find someone to tell that we needed something. I usually complain that service is rushed and I like a slower service, but this was extremely and at times painfully slow.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

Nice decor and very good quality food; they have a number of different options not seen on every Thai restaurant menu in DC. Good flavors in their dishes, not just heat (but you can get "Thai hot" too!).

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

I got stuck in Washington DC because of weather; near the hotel was Soi 38. The restaurant had very few guests due to the storm but when I walked in the smells transported me back to my favorite Bangkok restaurant. The Tom Yum soup was perfect, the only thing missing was a ball of sticky rice to dip into it. The Yum Goong Fu had exactly the right amount of heat and was a wonderful portion. The Decor was relaxed and enjoyable with the staff very helpful. This was a wonderful nearby accidental discovery. I'll be back the next time I'm in town.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Great place. I used to pick it for business meetings. Delicious food, excellent ambience and good service.

Reviewed 9 February 2017

I love the green curry, the massaman curry, the panang curry, the squid appetizer. But the place is crowded and loud. Stay away, so I can eat in peace!