“Nice dinner”

Central Michel Richard
Reserve with OpenTable
Central Michel Richard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 3,525 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 11th
Transit: walk from Archives/Navy Memorial, Federal Triangle, or Metro Center
Description: Central Michel Richard Restaurant in Washington DC.
Reviewed 11 January 2018

We booked this restaurant because we told our concierge we wanted to eat great desserts. We were seated in a very nice part of the restaurant, an alcove, which was nice for our dinner conversation. The food was decent, wine list as well; not the best I've had, but fine for the price. The desserts were very good, so it ended up being a good choice for us.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

I have always been a fan of Chef Michel and very happy to try Central. We ordered the prix fixe menu, everything was tasty!

Reviewed 4 January 2018

When our original plan to have Indian food fell through due to a two hour wait on the Saturday night before Christmas, my adult daughter suggested we go to Central Michel Richard, since it was nearby. We had a little bit of a wait for a table but were happy to go to the bar and relax over some very nice cocktails.

In rereading some of the reviews, I realize we got one of the tables near the server station, but it really did not bother us as the rest of the space was cozy and not noisy. We were seated on the side opposite to the open kitchen which I did not even see until I used the ladies' room.

Our server was friendly and attentive throughout our meal. We enjoyed both appetizers, the ahi tuna carpaccio and the La Quercia prosciutto. Particularly since the appetizers for our dinner the previous evening were ridiculously small and super expensive, these appetizers seemed fairly priced and sized--and tasty, too!

Two out of the three entrees scored well. My younger daughter and I thought our seared salmon was perfectly cooked. The butternut squash, apple, and curry were a good accompaniment. My husband thought his rotisserie chicken with root vegetables was the best entree. It certainly was a generous portion, tender and perfectly cooked. However, our older daughter did not like her burger and fries at all. The burger seemed tough, and the fries were super salty, even for someone who likes salty fries. Entree prices seemed fair given our location.

Overall we had a relaxing dinner at Central Michel Richard and were glad we went.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We were told that the restaurant here was a do not miss, so we did not miss it. And I promise - neither should you. Our last minute group of 10 showed up at 6:00 and we were seated promptly. Service was attentive and completely knowledgeable about the menu, ingredients, and availability of substitutions and additions. Drinks were perfect, family sides were divine, fish was roasted beautifully, meat was seared properly....spectacular.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

With the reputation and price, you'd expect a lot more. Service was good and the French Onion soup was great but the decor, ambience, and food for the high price was disappointing. There are many other restaurants in DC that I would suggest trying first.