Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$519
US$278
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$148
  • Restaurant
Washington Plaza Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$295
US$286
  • Pool
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$286
Hotels.com
US$485
US$458
  • Room Service
JW Marriott Washington, DC(Washington DC)
US$711
US$573
Hotwire.com
  • Room Service
All reviewsnationals parknationals gamewashington nationalsball parkcapitol hillmarine barracksgreen linefront deskbaseball stadiumcourtyard marriottmetro stationparking garagewithin walking distanceminute walkwould definitely stay here againking suiteconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

A coworker and I came down to Washington DC for a quick business trip. We made arrangements at the Courtyard Capitol Hill. Not to sound pretentious, but courtyards are usually not my cup of tea. I chose this place because of convenience and because my employer was paying for it.

Upon arrival, I realize it was in a good neighborhood. Plenty of restaurants and bars to walk to.

At check in the desk clerk was extremely helpful and very friendly. I was even kind of a pain in the butt when I came back multiple times to ask different questions.

The only negative thing that I can say is it the parking here is $47 per day. That is way way way too high. We were on the outskirts of Washington DC. I would expect to pay $47 a day in New York City, but not the outskirts of Washington DC. Is absolutely ludicrous that Marriott does not do something about that for their guest. I was very disappointed.

Check out morning, I was in the lobby going to get breakfast. I was greeted by the manager, Danka (I don’t know how to spell her name). She not only greeted me and help me to my breakfast area, but she interacted with me for a short period time. I watched her as I ate. She interacted with as many guests as she could. That is the kind of treatment that I would expect at a five-star hotel (and some 4 star). I mean, let’s be real, this is a Courtyard. But she ran the hotel as if it was a boutique hotel. Bravo Danka

If I was in the area, I would absolutely stay here again. There is a residence inn across the street. I’m sure it’ more expensive and not as friendly as the Courtyard.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank point5
Norma G, Director of Sales at Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Hello Point5,
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We are always delighted when we can meet and exceed our guests' expectations!
We are extremely fortunate to have a General Manager like Jadranka, who leads by example. She arrives early each morning and starts her day in the lobby mingling and getting to know our guests.

Thank you for your comment on parking. We understand that DC parking prices can be a sticker shock and with limited parking in the city rates are at a premium everywhere. Our hotel's parking rates are comparable to nearby hotels. Whenever possible we encourage guests to ride metro (we have a stop right across the street) we are also on the Circulator bus route and cabs and Uber are also great alternatives.

We look forward to being your hotel of choice during your next DC visit!

Reviewed 25 January 2018

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Navy Yard January 11 - 15 for our son's wedding at the nearby District Winery. Norma Giroux upgraded us to a suite for the occasion. The hotel was perfect for us. Staff was friendly and helpful. Location was great. The price was low and affordable. The hotel is within walking distance of many new and wonderful restaurants, coffee shops, the Nats Stadium, an ice cream shop, and a Metro station. We would stay again anytime we're in DC.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Irene S
Reviewed 19 January 2018

Appears to be a new property near the Capital. All of the amenities one would expect/need for business travel... except the price. The area has considerable development in process... but not an issue overnight. Within a mile of Capital Hill. Fully intend to re-book on my next trips to DC.

Room Tip: I'd speak to the front desk before booking. They're very accommodating.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Ken D
Norma G, Director of Sales at Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2018

Hello Ken D,

We are delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We agree that our hotel is ideal for business travelers. We are a well establish hotel and our staff takes pride in providing quality amenities and services to make every stay memorable.

Please do keep us in mind for future visits, we look forward to having you as a guest in the near future!

A TripAdvisor Member
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

I am a loyal Marriott patron. I love the brand, I love the accommodations, I love the rewards program, and I always count on Marriott to provide me a warm, cozy bed on my journeys abroad. I travelled to DC over thanksgiving due to family bereavement and make-shift holiday gathering with family. I wasn’t planning on spending much time in the hotel, nor was I too concerned with the hotel’s amenities/accommodations.
I found the hotel’s layout and decor to be standard for a Courtyard location. The hotel had no type of Courtyard though, as the majority of locations within the Courtyard namesake do. The room was standard and functional. The bistro/marketplace was average. The physical location of the hotel was top notch due to its pristine placement within proximity to the Metro Station. Guests were very friendly and quite enjoyable. The locals of the Navy Yard area were equally hospitable. The front desk supervisor was quite displeasurable; quite frankly she was down right rude. I will refrain from bashing the staff of this location due to my respect for the Marriott brand, but her demeanor and inhospitable character made this location a one-time experience. I will forever recommend staying with Marriott, yet I suggest you seek accommodations at a location other than this due to the impersonable, unprofessional guest services/front desk supervisor.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Norma G, Director of Sales at Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for being a Marriott loyal guest and for your recent stay at our Courtyard. I appreciate your feedback as our goal is to ensure that every guest has a flawless stay each and every time. I regret that we failed to meet your expectation but please rest assured that our staff is committed to service and we hope that you will give us another chance to show you a seamless stay.

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed one night in a quick business trip to DC, and this hotel and its staff blew me away. For starters, it’s very conveniently located for those who have business on the Hill. If you haven’t checked out the Navy Yard area, it is very up and coming and feels quite safe. It’s very reasonably priced for DC, and my room was very clean, stylish and comfortable with a great view of the Anacostia River. Not cookie cutter at all! Guest rooms include a coffee maker, microwave and mini frig- so convenient. The lounge is open in evening for drinks and quick dinner, & Starbucks is open with expanded breakfast menu in the morning. There’s also a pantry area for quick snacks. But the best part was the polite and helpful staff- I forgot my iPad in my room on departure and they contacted me before I even realized it was missing, so I could return and pick it up before I left town. Special thanks to Operations Manager David Gantt to his speedy follow up with me and the wonderful housekeeper who turned it into him so quickly. 5 stars and I will be back!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank luv2r0am

luv2r0am, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I echo your excitement about our Navy Yard/Capitol Riverfront this is one of the reasons why the Lonely Planet Guide recently named our neighborhood one of the top 10 hottest neighborhoods in the US.
Our staff takes pride in providing exceptional service and I am pleased that you experienced this first hand during your stay with both the rooms and your interaction with David, our Operations Manager.
Please come back soon and please recommend us to your colleagues/friends who come to DC.