All reviewsnationals parknationals gamewashington nationalsball parkmarine barracksfront deskcapitol hillgreen linebaseball stadiumcourtyard marriottmetro stationparking garagewithin walking distanceminute walkwould definitely stay here againking suiteearly check
Reviewed 17 December 2012

The hotel personnel was great and helpful with any questions we had. The rooms were great and very clean. The only thing I disliked was the swimming pool. It was small and very cold. I used it mainly for water exercises but did not stay in it long. It wasn't deep enough either to actually do water exercises; not even for water walking.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 December 2012

This hotel ended up being the perfect pick for our family of four. The room was one of the largest we have ever stayed in -bonus! The beds were queens -bonus! There was never any noise at night in the halls or from other rooms. The staff at the front desk were very pleasant and helpful. We parked on the street for four nights for free (with a combination of weekend and holiday) we did not end up having to pay. Before you park you car in the garage at the hotel drive around the block and look for metered parking. The neighborhood is safe. When you cross the street, directly on the next block you will find Subway, Five Guys and CVS. There is also a Starbucks. The hotel does serve breakfast. We never wanted to buy breakfast there; we always grabbed some coffee at Starbucks and left to sightsee. The train station is also one block from the hotel. Within 15-20 minutes you can be at any of the attractions in DC. One of the days we walked to the capitol from the hotel. It took about 20 minutes to walk there. From threre we walked onto the mall where all the museums were. This is a little removed from the main tourist attractions. We plan to return to DC to see more of the sights and I don't think I will spend time looking for hotels again. I think we'll be back here for sure.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2012

We stayed in the hotel with my girl for a week. Honestly the location of the hotel is not the best for exploring DC. You have to take a train every time you want to go to the White House, Capitol, Monument or Museums... it's not a big deal - 20 minutes to get there.The hotel itself is really great, very good services and very helpful staff, especially front desk! Sleep quality is perfect and it's very clean.
Location and neighborhood is poorand boring, there is no restaurant (only Five Guys which I personally really LOVE), no grocery, but on the other hand location is very quiet.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2012

If it were not for the excellent assistance provided by Antwaun on Wednesday the 27th of November, this visit would have been a 3 star review with all the ongoing remodeling. Antwaun went above and beyond with assisting me with a reservation problem I experienced. He is a genuine professional and he truly exemplifies the adage of putting the 'Customer' in Customer Service! Great job Antwaun - you are a credit to the Mariott Corporation - Thank You! John Rogers

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2012

This hotel is being refurbished therefore no restaurant or coffee bar at the moment. I booked using Avios points and cash and this was an issue on check in. Overall, great location for the metro in and out of downtown.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple