“Nice hotel, but no sleeping late” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center

Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center
Ranked #31 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
NJ
“Nice hotel, but no sleeping late”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

The staff was very attentive and professional. Beautiful room, but low shower pressure; it was not annoying enough to complain to the front desk about. Breakfast was pretty good; they even let us in at 10:45 when breakfast ended at 11. We enjoyed the manager's reception (happy hour) as well. My main complaint would be that there's a big construction site across the street and the trucks start working early-- 6am. A friend at a nearby hotel mentioned that the beep beep sound of a truck backing up could have been a garbage truck because they heard it as well. Not cheap, but, I would recommend this hotel to a friend.:)

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank fam5nj
CharlesHill900, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, 25 February 2012
Hi fam5nj,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with the exception of construction noise or early morning trucks. The lot across the street is under construction, but noise has not been an issue. They are currently working on the south end of the lot furthest from us and we have been lucky so far. Obviously something happened while you were with us and please accept my apologies. I am not aware of any other guest complaints of noise, but will take this chance to let our staff know about your comments so we can be on the lookout.

I would also like to thank you for your comments about our staff. I will be sure to read your review so everyone is aware of your positive feedback.

I appreciate your comments about recommending to a friend, but I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back in the future. Let me know next time and I will ensure you are in a quiet room. :)

Charles.Hill@Hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

The room was a king size with a pull out sofa that accommodated our family of four. The stay included the usual manager's free drinks and appetizers. The free full breakfast was outstanding and the walk to the convention center was less than 2 blocks. The parking on the street on the weekend was plentiful and cheap and our view was great. Additionally, we were only a few blocks from Chinatown and several attractions.

From the excellent service to great rooms, I will definetly go there again. Kudo Sweet Embassy!

3 Thank psharpton
Greetings psharpton,

Very nice play on words and even better review of your experience! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and all of the wonderful amenities included at our Hotel. I see you stayed in February, but depending when you might not have had the chance to stay in a renovated room. This gives you a reason to come back.

Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

This Embassy Suites hotel is definitely nicer and newer than the Embassy Suites in old town Alexandria. The customer service was top notch and friendly here and the breakfast and manager's reception were great. The only problem was that breakfast didn't start until 6:30 and I had to be out of there before then on the first day. A 6:00 breakfast start would have been better, there were several other people waiting for it to open as well. The rooms were nice and clean, and the beds comfortable. The room heater was a little noisy, but I just shut the bedroom door and it was fine. There was an office building right outside my window, so there was no view. Taxi's were available out front and help provided by the hotel staff. The Metro Center station was about two blocks away and easy to reach. There was construction going on between the hotel and the Metro Station so there was a little more of a walk. Ford's Theater and China Town were also a short walk away. Overall, this hotel was a great choice.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Hello supersport1,

Thank you for giving our hotel a try during your recent trip to Washington DC. Your review was very kind and it is wonderful to see we made you feel at home. Above all, your comments about our customer service are appreciated. Our staff takes this very seriously and they will be excited to hear we made a difference for you.

I will share your comments about our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast open time with our Food & Beverage management team. I know we did change from 6am to 6:30 about two years ago due to very slow traffic that early. Instead, we extended the time on the back end to accommodate more guests.

Overall it appears you enjoyed your stay and I am pleased to read your comments. I am hopeful that during your next trip to DC we will be your hotel of choice.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

My recent stay at the Embassy Suites in Washington, D.C. showed that there are companies that still practice the old-fashioned value of customer service.

Traveling to Washington, D.C. for a conference, I chose the Embassy Suites at 900 10th Street NW for a couple of reasons. First and foremost, I’m a fan of Hilton properties. As a Hilton Honors Diamond Member, I receive some additional perks and usually a little special treatment (who doesn’t like that?). Second, the room rate was more favorable than the conference hotel just a block down the street, and all Embassy Suites include breakfast, which makes my comptroller just a little happier with my expense account.

Staff is uniformly professional and quite polished. Whether it was the valets who greeted me upon arrival, the desk clerks, or the housekeeping staff in the hall, everyone consistently offered a "Good morning" or "good evening," which is an excellent embodiment of Hilton standards.

The rooms are undergoing a "refresh" and, having stayed in one of the redone rooms, I can confirm they are lovely. The furnishings, carpeting, and additional items including flat-screen TVs are all state-of-the-art. The bathrooms feature high-end amenities and bathrobes are standard in each room.

This particular property has a restaurant on site. Finn & Porter was a nice place to grab a cocktail or a quick bite. The restaurant is also the venue for the Embassy Suites' included breakfast.

The included breakfast was, in a word, predictable. The steam table featured the ubiquitous scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, pancakes, juices, cereal, fruit, and yoghurt. The hotel also offers a station where guests can get made-to-order omelets, freshly-prepared fried eggs (and freshly-scrambled eggs, too, for the fussy like me).

I was there for five nights and breakfast offerings were identical all three mornings, with the sole exception being the pancakes and waffles. If it was pancakes one morning, you could be sure it would be waffles the next. Consistency is fine as far as it goes, but a little variety would be welcome. Mixing it up a little – offering French toast instead of pancakes, for example, or corned beef hash instead of one of the other breakfast meats - would be nice.

My only criticism is reserved for the nightly Manager's Reception. Taking place from 5:30 to 7:30, it offers an extremely limited selection of complimentary beverages and even fewer snacks. A nut-pretzel mix and chips and salsa were the only nibbles I saw during the couple of times I popped in. Based on what I saw, I thought it worth the extra expense to pay a few bucks to enjoy a genuine happy hour at one of the nearby establishments.

The Embassy Suites is a few blocks away from the Gallery Place/China Town Metro station, and a few blocks from the Metro Center station, so it's convenient to many places in central DC and is, of course, within easy walking distance of the White House.

Embassy Suites tend to attract a lot of families with kids, especially on the weekends. However, the management at this property had the presence of mind to post large signs on the weekends, urging people to observe "quiet time" after 9 p.m. It must have worked, because my floor was very quiet indeed.

If you need to be in the area of the Washington, D.C. Convention Center, I definitely recommend the Embassy Suites.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank TheTravelPro_us
Hi Travel_Pro55,

Just as your name suggests, you appear to be well traveled pro when it comes to knowing your hotels. Your review of our Hotel is very well detailed and informative. I don't think you missed a thing.

Let me start by thanking you for taking time to share your experience. Your reviewed posted about a week ago (I am a little behind in my responses) and I already see that several people have found it helpful. I am delighted to see you found our renovated rooms to be "lovely." We are quite pleased with them as well. Your comments about the staff are also very much appreciated. I can't tell you how much we try to welcome and be hospitable to every guest, every time we see them. I appreciate your feedback regarding our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and Managers Reception. I will share them with our Food & Beverage management team. I do know that they have been working on a new menu of items to be served at our Managers Reception that should go live in March.

With so much information communicated in your review, I am not sure I have much more to add other than to Thank You again. We truly value feedback (positive and constructive) and I am always excited to share great reviews such as this one. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for your next trip to DC. Until then, travel safe & often!

Reading, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

We promised our granddaughter a trip to the Lincoln Memorial. Embassy Suites provided the space we needed for four people (2 grandparents, her dad, and "herself"). A microwave and refridgerator allowed us to keep snacks cold, and make popcorn. The pool was a definite hit. This facility is currently undergoing major renovations, which should be completed soon - and appear well worth the effort. Staff were very helpful - including an assist to find transport to the closest Emergency Room in the middle of the night! (George Washington Medical Center). Breakfast included almost anything one might want. On site restaurant was also quite good. Location is ideal for touring the Capitol.

Greetings mqrussell,

Thank you for the great review of our Hotel. It is always nice to hear when everything just goes right. You seem to have hit on all the important things we have to offer, including great service. For us, that is the difference maker. There are a lot of great hotels in DC and what we want to set us apart is our hospitality. If we can make a difference for our guests as we did for you, mission accomplished.

When it is time to come back and visit more of the attractions DC has to offer, please keep us in mind. We would be delighted to welcome you back!