“pricey but great piano lounge feel”
Review of Quill

Quill
Ranked #3 of 3,666 Restaurants in Washington DC
Description: Quill is Washington, DC’s upscale lounge and cocktail bar. Quill offers an inspired mix of classic and signature cocktails, a dynamic wine list and an elevated bar menu. We invite you to relax and unwind on our patio or enjoy our in-house pianist, Peter Robinson Tuesday through Saturday beginning at 9:00 p.m.
Reviewed 5 June 2018

With cocktails averaging about $20 it's a bit pricey. However, for entertaining a client or just meeting a friend for a couple drinks the ambiance makes up for it. The live piano sets a mood that makes you feel a thousand miles from DC.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Relaxed atmosphere. Excellent food. Good service. Live piano. What else do you expect for an averaged priced restaurant. The New York strip was particularly done to what I wanted.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

This is a great bar and unexpected in a hotel. Seemingly, lots of locals, but not over crowded. Drinks are of a good pour.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

I am torn on whether I should write this review and make more people aware of how great Quill is. I love coming here to sip on a dirty martini and listen to the pianist. The service is top notch and bartenders are super knowledgeable. I like the olives and nuts that come complimentary with your drink and I would recommend the cheese plate and the bison sliders. Go, but keep it a secret!

1  Thank Abe F
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Dropped by for a late bite. Enjoyed good service and good, though not spectacular food (ahi tuna panini with garden salad).

A nice touch was to sit on a patio where I could smoke a cigar with a glass of sherry - an experience I wasn't able to have on this trip so far give that cigar smoking is not allowed in most places (as is smoking generally).

I think that the price rating is underestimated - the place is pricey. But I think at the Quill you pay for the ambiance of the historic Jefferson Hotel. Overall, my relaxing experience (including the cigar :)) was worth it on this visit.