“One of my favorites ”
Review of Quill

Quill
Ranked #4 of 3,553 Restaurants in Washington DC
Description: Quill is Washington, DC’s upscale lounge and cocktail bar. Quill offers an inspired mix of classic and signature cocktails, a dynamic wine list and an elevated bar menu. We invite you to relax and unwind on our patio or enjoy our in-house pianist, Peter Robinson Tuesday through Saturday beginning at 9:00 p.m.
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

I am torn on whether I should write this review and make more people aware of how great Quill is. I love coming here to sip on a dirty martini and listen to the pianist. The service is top notch and bartenders are super knowledgeable. I like the olives and nuts that come complimentary with your drink and I would recommend the cheese plate and the bison sliders. Go, but keep it a secret!

1  Thank Abe F

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Dropped by for a late bite. Enjoyed good service and good, though not spectacular food (ahi tuna panini with garden salad).

A nice touch was to sit on a patio where I could smoke a cigar with a glass of sherry - an experience I wasn't able to have on this trip so far give that cigar smoking is not allowed in most places (as is smoking generally).

I think that the price rating is underestimated - the place is pricey. But I think at the Quill you pay for the ambiance of the historic Jefferson Hotel. Overall, my relaxing experience (including the cigar :)) was worth it on this visit.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

The Quill saved our trip. The staff and bartenders were the Best. It was more like a magic show than a bar.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We were staying at the Jefferson and decided not to eat outside the hotel our last night. We went down to Quill. The crowd was lively and had a good vibe.

I had a perfectly proportioned martini with one large ice cube. From we got there the bartender was making cocktails non stop.

For dinner I had the beef ragout pasta. So good. Wife wife had their tomato bisque with mini grilled cheese and bacon. She also had a the bitter winter salad that she liked.

This is not pub food. They serve gourmet food in an upscale club atmoshere.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Warm, cozy but still elegant bar. The piano player is a gem. Highly recommend the Moose & Squirrel cocktail (couldn't stop ordering). Staying at the Jefferson, we ate lunch there and also went back for cocktails. The burger was mind-expanding.

1  Thank Kathleen R