“A trip down memory lane”
Review of Barmini

Barmini
Ranked #2 of 3,559 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

The theme when we visited was to take you bar to your childhood memories through their bar tastings. We experienced great concoctions in baby food jars, old school lunchboxes, lttle teapot, legos, and other very creative presentations. Food selections included a truffle grill cheese sandwich and a tuna tartar that was spectacular! The best part. I ran into one of DCs best mixologist, Aaron, who I knew from many year's prior...he's the very best. Can't wait to return!

Reviewed 13 June 2018

This was easily one of our top five bar experiences. We sat at the bar and were fortunate enough to get Al (head bartender) as our mixologist for the evening. He was just fantastic. Perfect drinks and perfect attitude to complement the ambiance.

We did not do the cocktail flight as there were so many things on the menu we wanted to try. However, it was fun to watch the people next to us enjoy Lego men, breakfast cereal, fire, and other bizarre displays with their drinks. I can't recall the names, but we had something in a metal pineapple that was great and I highly recommend whatever the whiskey drink is that ages in the leather bag for ten days.

I suppose someone will always have a negative experience anywhere no matter how great things seem, but I can almost guarantee you will have a great time.

Quick tip: You don't actually have to ring the bell to get in. The left-side door will open. I think they do the bell ringing to make it seem more exclusive...

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Barmini and Minibar are side by side. Minibar is likely the pinnacle of culinary experiences in DC. At the end of a 20 course meal, guests are treated to after dinner drinks at Barmini. A table at Minibar will run you $600 per person, but a seat at the Chef’s table is a third of that.

Make your reservations well in advance. There are 3 seatings at both and they are often completely booked. We could not get a seat at the restaurant, so I will address our wonderful experience at Barmini.

Simply put, this is the BEST craft cocktail experience of my life, thus far. We did the flight of cocktails and enjoyed a number of whimsical, original, fun, and creative cocktails all tied into a childhood theme. For instance, one drink was fruity like a juice box and you dipped it through a silly straw. I don’t want to ruin the surprise, by expect magic, foggy drinks utilizing liquid nitrogen, and quirky, nostalgic, decor serenaded by a modern beat. Food is from Barmini next door and are basically appetizers like truffle grilled cheese and a foie gras waffle (that I could only try one bit of because my wife loved it so much!)

This is a MUST-DO in DC!

Reviewed 17 May 2018

ALWAYS try to do new 'things'. Ofcourse there will be the occasional disappointment... was it? It was the first time we visited a "High end' cocktail bar/lounge. The Guests from 'next door two star restaurant' arrived for their coffee and sweets as we arrived for our 'flight'. So first things first and that means, next door guests first. We were a party of 4, one of us does not drink alcohol. Their coctail list has three without. I hoped that (due to the fact that I had let them know in advance), she would have be able to do a flight too (six coctails) as we would do (The Flight). The theme of the flight is 'down memory lane' and the waiter telling the story doing well. The way things were presented I would give 5***** but for a first timer there is just too much Mezcal and most of the coctails for us just too strong. WHY did we book the flight then, and not choose a/or some coktails from their list???? THIS is why, we were unable to book for three at 22.15 on their site (waiting list) but the flight at $ 95 a head excl Tax/service charge was possible, so that's why. Once there, another 'party' of two asked if they could bring three extra for cocktails. They were seated nicely in a round cornered seat, as we found ourselves next to them in a less comfortable seating (1 being a pouf). That gave me a 'maximize' feeling. EXCELLENT were their 'snacks' though; had their signatory dish aswell as a Steak tartar. Lesson learned? If not quite sure you like their Flight, just book for cocktails 'a la carte'. The one my wife had (non-alcohol) was AMAZING (Trump style)

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Unique entertainment with cocktails. Based on reviews, we opted to have the cocktail flight which included about 6 small, tasty, and very entertaining drinks. Our bartender Ishmael, was very personable and fun as well. Each drink was a unique theme but and the ingredients, mixology melded be with each creation. He purchased a few of the small plate tapas and they, like the drinks, are very tasty as well. The venue is very small, so reservations are a must. Pricey, but well worth it since it is so unique. Great place for a date. If you have an option, sit at the bar since that is where the entertainment is front and center.