“Nice pictures”

Washington DC National Mall Evening Walking Tour
US$49.00*
Small-Group Sunset Electric Bike Tour in Washington DC
Reviewed 2 March 2012

This memorial is right after the Washington Monument and at the beginning of the reflecting pool that leads you to the Lincoln Monument. There's a lot of water in the memorial so it's perfect for beautiful pictures. Plus it's very nice planned and put together to honor what it represents.

There are newer reviews for National World War II Memorial

Reviewed 29 February 2012

Last Veterans Day I visited this memorial with my grandchildren. They both were very impressed with how large it was. They also asked lots of questions about where my father (their grandfather) was in all the listed battles. All these were real teaching moments.
We visited the memorial early in the morning and there were few people there so we could really take in all the magnificence of the memorial. There was a loan WWII veteran there and to their credit the grandchildren went up to him and thanked him for his service. Afterwards they asked me were all the WWII veterans mostly gone. I told them they were going fast and that was why this was so important.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

I was here upon the dedication of this memorial in 2004. Have visited many times since. Most powerful at night, in the early evening, in my humble opinion.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

My dad is a WWII veteran (now deceased) and I wanted to visit this memorial while in DC to honor my dad's memory and of his time serving our country in WWII. This memorial is very nice with each state represented within it. The water pond in the middle of it allows you to reflect and think about the sacrifices made by our fathers and grandfathers during that war. I visited this memorial early in the morning and that is the best time to view it as there was only one other person there at that time and the solitude allowed me to spend quiet thoughts about my dad and his time in the military. Definitely see this memorial when in DC.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

The WWII memorial honors all who served in WWII. The memorial is a striking semi-circle design of columns around a large pool. There is an interactive kiosk where one can look up the names of relatives and friends who served in WWII.