“A Little Disappointed”
Review of Dish

Dish
Reserve with OpenTable
Dish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #360 of 3,553 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Cross street: Between "I" & "K"
Transit: 2 blocks from Foggy Bottom Metro Station at 23rd & "I"
Reviewed 15 February 2018

Arrived at 5, one server, people were pouring in and they poor guy couldn't handle it all. Another server came in, then another, but they were going every which a way trying to do their best. Steak was delicious, pork chop okay. Thanks to a very loud party of 12 drinking too much wine, we didn't talk much, the noise level was too high. Not the restaurant's fault, but not the cozy pre-dinner theatre experience we were looking for. Very impressed with the River Inn and the doorman was wonderful!

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Let me start by saying that I went with a party of 15. We had a reservation and anticipated no problems. Let me also add that I am allergic to both eggs and shellfish. I have a good understanding of what I can and cannot eat, but often times must rely on the waiter or server to make sure my restrictions are communicated clearly to the kitchen.

After informing my server about my allergies, I decided to start my meal with a wedge salad. I completely missed the fact that the salad came with Ranch Dressing (which I cannot eat do to my allergies), The server informed me that I should not have a problem. When my salad was delivered, it came with the Ranch dressing. I tried to have the food runner bring it back and have it remade, but English was a second language for her, and she had no idea what I was saying. Finally, I asked for the waiter who took my order and explained the problem. The salad was remade, but the general attitude of "you should have known better" was unsettling.

The main courses was delivered. I ordered grilled tuna over rice with vegetables. I found that the tuna was over peppered, as did someone who had ordered the same menu item.

My older son, however had more problems with his main course than should have happened. He ordered pasta with sausage. Imagine his surprise when he was served grilled tuna. He sent it back and was delivered a plate of pasta, but instead of sausage, it came with chicken. He sent it back again. This time he received what he ordered. Sending a meal back twice is something you should not see in an expensive restaurant like this.

2  Thank jon762
Reviewed 1 January 2018

Service was impeccable, the cocktails were delicious and the steak was so good. Small, so get reservations.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

The food at Dish is really excellent, fresh and homemade. Where Dish falls down is the service, which was either really attentive or nonexistent, thus the very average rating.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Service was awful. We only had drinks here so I can’t comment on the food, but the bartender treated us poorly. He was arrogant, condescending and rude. We did not feel comfortable and will not return.