“A little gem!!!”
Review of Dish

Dish
Reserve with OpenTable
Dish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #341 of 3,716 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Cross street: Between "I" & "K"
Transit: 2 blocks from Foggy Bottom Metro Station at 23rd & "I"
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Pre-show special pricing before the Kennedy Center and what a bargain. $40 for 3 courses and great selections. Had the Caesar Salad, Steak Frittes and Chocolate cake and all was delicious. Let the manager suggest the wine he did a great job

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Anne H

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Lunch was fantastic. Seated immediately with friendly and attentive service. The tomato gazpacho with crab and avocado was refereshing and filling. Known for their mussels, the tomato-onion-garlic mussels with garlic fries was absolutely delicious. Well worth the price.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 13 May 2017

Dish is ideally located on the way to the Kennedy center. Out of town guests very much liked the dinner of pasta with seafood and crab cakes. Veggie pasta with bit of spicy sauce-costumized by Keith was delicious. Wine selection was done by Keith and was
perfect fit with meal. I think it will be a good idea if they could serve ' tapas' small portion.
What makes this place is personal attention Keith gives to each and everyone of his clients. This is a neighborhood gem. I have been coming here when it used to be called 'foggy bottom cafe' when they had fresh tulips and eucalyptus on the table for an added touch.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Having lived in the area for 15 years, I was shocked that I had never heard of this place. My wife and I needed a place for dinner before going to the Kennedy Center. We found it on Google and wow! First we had drinks at the little bar. The bartender made a terrific gin drink that was perfect for spring. We also had the cheese tray, which had two excellent cheeses and one average cheese. Dinner was outstanding. I had the pork chop, cooked to perfection with sweet potatoes. My wife had a beautiful piece of salmon on top of lentils and a savory sauce. Home run! This place is small, but mighty!

1  Thank BaldAndHappy
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

We went here for dinner before a show at the Kennedy Center. The staff was warm and welcoming. We were immediately given water and fresh bread. We both ordered the price fixed menu. Everything was fresh and delicious. But be warned the servings are huge!

The calamari were cooked perfectly. The dipping sauce popped.

The pasta with sausage was unique in a good way. The portion could feed a family.

The mussels with fries was unbelievable. Fresh large mussels in a sause that was light and buttery at the same time. The fries which I normally would skip were so tasty. Made fresh!

For desser we had the apple bignets... Which came with ice cream. It was good but we were too full to fully enjoy.

The drinks are excellent! For Cinco de Mayo they had a blue margarita which was unique and yummy.

If we lived locally we would be back often.

It is a small place so make a reservation.