“Disappointing Dish”
Review of Dish

Dish
Reserve with OpenTable
Dish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #345 of 3,724 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Cross street: Between "I" & "K"
Transit: 2 blocks from Foggy Bottom Metro Station at 23rd & "I"
Reviewed 1 May 2017

After an afternoon of ballet at the Kennedy Center, we came here for an early dinner. Started at the bar. While I visited the rest room my friend and the bartender got into an increasingly off-putting political discussion, which according to my friend included his estimate that she was 5 years older than she is, and that our generation was to blame for every ill in the world. The bartender was poorly informed, not willing or able to be deflected, and for whatever reason unaware or unwilling to accept that he was aggravating us. I would have walked out, but instead we simply adjourned to our table. The food was good but not great, the service ok but they forgot to return my credit card with the check. We'd been here before and liked it, but are unlikely to go back anytime soon. The ratings reflect an effort to merge judgments on the bar experience and the restaurant experience.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

Ate here twice. My husband had the mussels both nights and really enjoyed them. I had a nice steak the first night. Had scallops the next night and they were way too salty. Manager very nice and comped my meal. The French fries are great!

Reviewed 14 April 2017

Fantastic mussels and frites one night, average steak the next. Fried green tomatoes to be avoided; tasteless and tough. Frisee salad was excellent, but the Caesar needed lemon and croutons? That said, the staff is a well oiled machine that makes one forget the little things that go awry. Approachable and affordable wine list. Intimate venue that is a nice alternative to the noisy establishments nearby.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

We have eaten at Dish+Drinks about six times over the past couple of years, most recently in March 2017. Every time, we have had excellent cocktails and wine (thank you, Keith, for always making great recommendations!!) as well as food. I had a pork chop there there was about 2 inches thick and the juiciest I have ever eaten. The scallops, lamb chops, and steak have all been excellent as well. My husband usually gets the fish special and has been very happy with that selection. The staff is very good and I recognize many of them now, which makes me think the restaurant must be a good place to work and have low turnover, which is nice.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Family went to the museum while I was nursing a sore hip. I took the elevator downstairs and went to Dish by default.
I ordered their $25 three course lunch because I wanted to kill time.
The restaurant was two thirds full. I had the melacron salad which consisted of greens, goat cheese, cherry tomatoes, walnuts, diced squash, dried cranberries with a light vinaigrette. Very good.
My entree was fresh pasta in a garlic tomato basil white wine sauce. You have a choice of chicken or sausage. I did the later. It was very, very good.
I stopped at eating 1/2 since there is a refrigerator in the room and I needed to save room for my dessert.
I went on the lighter side with the trio sherbet (mango, lemon, and raspberry).
I was happy that I had the opportunity to eat here since it was a nice meal. The only problem was I didn't find out how good the restaurant was until the third day of a four day stay at the River Inn.

Date of visit: March 2017