“Inconsistent Food; Excellent Staff.”
Review of Dish

Dish
Reserve with OpenTable
Dish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #362 of 3,558 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Cross street: Between "I" & "K"
Transit: 2 blocks from Foggy Bottom Metro Station at 23rd & "I"
Reviewed 14 April 2017

Fantastic mussels and frites one night, average steak the next. Fried green tomatoes to be avoided; tasteless and tough. Frisee salad was excellent, but the Caesar needed lemon and croutons? That said, the staff is a well oiled machine that makes one forget the little things that go awry. Approachable and affordable wine list. Intimate venue that is a nice alternative to the noisy establishments nearby.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

We have eaten at Dish+Drinks about six times over the past couple of years, most recently in March 2017. Every time, we have had excellent cocktails and wine (thank you, Keith, for always making great recommendations!!) as well as food. I had a pork chop there there was about 2 inches thick and the juiciest I have ever eaten. The scallops, lamb chops, and steak have all been excellent as well. My husband usually gets the fish special and has been very happy with that selection. The staff is very good and I recognize many of them now, which makes me think the restaurant must be a good place to work and have low turnover, which is nice.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Family went to the museum while I was nursing a sore hip. I took the elevator downstairs and went to Dish by default.
I ordered their $25 three course lunch because I wanted to kill time.
The restaurant was two thirds full. I had the melacron salad which consisted of greens, goat cheese, cherry tomatoes, walnuts, diced squash, dried cranberries with a light vinaigrette. Very good.
My entree was fresh pasta in a garlic tomato basil white wine sauce. You have a choice of chicken or sausage. I did the later. It was very, very good.
I stopped at eating 1/2 since there is a refrigerator in the room and I needed to save room for my dessert.
I went on the lighter side with the trio sherbet (mango, lemon, and raspberry).
I was happy that I had the opportunity to eat here since it was a nice meal. The only problem was I didn't find out how good the restaurant was until the third day of a four day stay at the River Inn.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Came here on a Thursday evening with my mother. What a great night we had compliments of Keith behind the bar & the ambiance within.
We started off ordering a bottle of Malbec & Keith said he'd have something else I might enjoy. I agreed so long as it wasn't over $50/bottle. He brought out a Spanish red & it was soft & smooth like a Malbec but the finish had a kick - I enjoyed it!
We were served two types of bread before our meal came out & both were good. We split the butternut squash soup & fried green tomatoes. The flavor & consistency of the soup was great, there was a hint of a smiley flavor to the soup & it wasn't too loose, almost hearty. The fried green tomatoes were crispy & served over a very thin layer of sauce & topped with arugula & crispy bacon bits. I only wish there was more sauce! For the main dish were split the scallops as it is Keith's favorite dish. The scallops were on top of a creamy risotto with truffle oil covered spinach. The spinach combined with the risotto was a delight on the palette. One of the scallops was fishy & Keith took $10 off our final bill because of it.
Our overall dining experience was great & the interaction with the staff made it even more enjoyable.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

This is a restaurant in a hotel, which is often a signal for "OK" food at hotel prices.

We found Dish to be better than this. The service was friendly and efficient. The restaurant, whilst busy, still allowed you to conduct a conversation with friends. The food was tasty, prepared as requested and offered generous portions. The wine list was interesting and varied, offering most wines by the glass. I thought the pricing was more than reasonable.

Is this the finest restaurant in Washington, no it is not, but it delivered a very good meal, with attentive service for a fair price.

I would be happy to return.